About The Position
To nurture conscious growth, leadership, innovation and collaboration in the natural products community in the Greater New York Region.
Naturally New York (NNY) is a community organization whose vision is to foster sustainable and responsible business practices, stimulate conscious growth, support entrepreneurship, and develop exceptional leadership within the Greater New York natural-products community.
- We share Naturally Networks’ definition of natural products and practices, as those made with the goal of promoting human, animal and environmental health.
- We make the knowledge, resources (both economic and human) and expertise of our members available to our community, so our members have the best chance at building businesses that prosper and impact the world for the better.
- We create an environment that fosters collaboration amongst brands, vendors and service providers and other ecosystem partners.
- We build foundations for mentorship, knowledge sharing and beneficial relationships to expand the natural-products network.
- We lead with generosity, cultivating a culture of giving to members, the New York Community and to the natural-products industry as a whole.
- Honor, celebrate and take advantage of what is unique and wonderful about New York’s environment, culture, resources, market, and business community
About this Role:
The Naturally New York Executive Director is responsible for guiding the fulfillment of the Naturally New York mission and purpose and executing the approved operating plan. Building on the experience of other, more-established affiliates, Naturally New York is current in its launch phase. The Executive Director will need to be entrepreneurial, as well as operationally focused to lead the development and successful establishment of the organization.
The Executive Director acts as the primary staff contact for Naturally New York. Reporting to the Executive Committee, the Executive Director fulfills expectations and performs work in the following primary categories:
Ensure and Enhance Value for Members and Sponsors
● Work to fulfill the primary objective of NNY, which is to catalyze the growth and impact of the New York Natural Products community to create ambitious, scaled change throughout the local industry and up to the national level
● Support the attraction and establishment of local members
● Manage and grow annual NNY sponsorship levels, fulfill sponsor commitments
● Executive Director must be proactive in ensuring that NNY meets its annual fundraising goals
● Maintain strong relationships with sponsor companies and their principals through regular communication
● Foster relationships with prospective sponsors via email and phone calls
● Enhance communication with affiliates and sponsors
● Facilitate and drive programming to fulfill NNY’s goals of supporting shared values
● Ensure value amongst members with programming, engagement and communication
● Ensure NNY’s programming contribute to NNY’s mission and reflect the priorities of the NNY community
Communications, Marketing and Community Engagement
● Guide the development and implementation of a NNY’s communication strategy for launching and growing the organization
● Launch and maintain regular social media engagement with targeted communities and brands of NNY
● Facilitate monthly email campaigns to network members and non-members with updates on news and programming.
● Establish and maintain the NNY website as an information and resource for members and the broader natural products community in New York
● Develop and maintain NNY materials and collateral in support of marketing and sponsorship efforts
● Lead programs as spokesperson for NNY and act as resource for information and updates for community members
● Engage with other like-minded organizations to explore collaboration around common issues and priorities
● Establish, with the Board of Directors, the NNY By-Laws, Guiding Principles, Mission Statement, Board composition and Term limits
● Lead regular board meetings, providing an agenda and recap via email to all board members
● Work collaboratively and support the engagement of the Advisory as well as the Young Professionals Boards
● Cultivate a pipeline of prospective Board members
● Establish and guide the work of Board-established committees
● Support all board meetings by managing agenda, action items and materials
● Manage and achieve income and expense targets with Executive Committee
● Develop an operational plan which incorporates NNY’s annual objectives and aims towards NNY’s strategic direction
● Oversee the efficient and effective day-to-day operation of NNY
● Establish processes and procedures for executional excellence and consistency, including reviewing and updating as necessary
● Oversee the planning, implementation and evaluation of NNY’s programs
Key Qualifications and Experience
● Demonstrated success and experience in understanding an organization’s culture and community.
● Proven ability to build and maintain relationships
● Good written and oral communicator and confident public speaker
● Outgoing, dynamic team leader and member
● Proactive, self-motivated, problem solver, executor and strategic thinker
● Demonstrate results-driven leadership and management experience of a for-profit business and/or non-profit organizations
● Experience successfully working with and management of a diverse board of directors and stakeholders
● A demonstrated understanding of governance, and association and membership management
● Open to diverse viewpoints and willingness to embrace new ideas
● Ideally, a demonstrable network within the natural products community
● Five or more years of progressive management responsibility in the Natural Industry
● Undergraduate degree required; MBA preferred
● Experience as a member of or reporting to a board of directors is a strong plus
● Passion for the mission and purpose of Naturally New York
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, verbal and written
● Hands-on computer skills, including all Microsoft Office programs, Google Suite; Experience with Quickbooks and CRM systems a plus
Compensation package commensurate with experience.