Clasen Quality Chocolate
Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Clasen Quality Chocolate (CQC) is a world-class manufacturer of chocolate and confectionery coatings. CQC maintains a professional, supportive work environment where teamwork is the key to our success. Working for a privately-held company provides you with the opportunity to wear many different “hats,” make a difference every day, and have fun doing it! We are committed to being an Employer of Choice in Southern Wisconsin and offering our employees a variety of traditional and unconventional benefits.
We are currently accepting applications for a National Sales Manager – Consumer Products in our Corporate Office on the East side of Madison, WI, ranked the “#3 Best Place to Live” by Livability.com. Position reports to the VP – Retail Sales & Marketing and requires up to 20% travel.
JOB SUMMARY: The National Sales Manager manages consumer product activities in order to generate profitable, sustainable growth, focusing primarily on retailer-owned brands and secondarily on the growth of CQC’s brand. This role is uniquely positioned for someone who knows the retail grocery channel well, studying categories to identify growth opportunities and collaborating with customers to ensure CQC is positioned to flawlessly service their needs, and who enjoys selling Private Branded packaged goods. In this role, there will be ownership of a few national retailer accounts and accountability for results. Products sold include a variety of chocolate and confectionery coatings for in home baking purposes. The National Sales Manager will adhere to and presents oneself in all business settings in line with CQC’s Mission Statement and Values.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for sales of private brand and CQC branded products in select channels and accounts, including:
- 1-2 Leading national grocers
- Potentially club store account
- Maximize growth within existing customers
- Ensure a deep understanding of assigned accounts and a strong relationship with decision makers there.
- Learn and lever understanding of customer and channel dynamics to grow sales.
- Develop accurate demand forecasts for each item, in partnership with customers and using sales and inventory data they provide.
- Manage the opportunity pipeline effectively, identifying the biggest and most likely opportunities for customers and spending time disproportionally against them.
- Build and deliver effective proposals and customer presentations, based on customer needs, consumer insights and the customer's decision criteria.
- Negotiate and manage the contract process from initiation to fulfillment.
- Utilize Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system to manage accounts, and request resources and price quotes.
- Partner with CQC technical sales managers to provide a team sales approach where needed.
- For CQC’s brand, pursue distribution, develop and execute merchandising plans, and direct brokers, as relevant, to accomplish brand objectives.
- Set up and manage booth at a few industry tradeshows.
- Travel to other CQC facilities, tradeshows, customers, and/or training.
- Serve as back up to peer sales managers, when needed.
- Perform all tasks assigned by the supervisor, while following all company, safety, and quality policies and procedures.
- Maintain regular attendance at work.
EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum of 5 years of food industry sales experience, with a minimum of 3 years in retail consumer product goods (CPG) sales.
- Demonstration of sales management resulting in profitable volume, customer penetration and attainment of new customers and revenue growth.
- Experience with leading national grocers preferred.
- Experience with confectionery or chocolate industry and with private label business preferred.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Must have acceptable driving record and valid driver’s license
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Customer focused
- Self-starter with strong drive for results
- Strong analytical skills demonstrated by previous experience utilizing systems for tracking and recording sales, demand forecasting/business planning and data-driven strategy for maintaining current and securing new customers.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, demonstrated by effective presentation, influence, and negotiation with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to be trained on sales-related computer programs and databases, such as Microsoft Navision (NAV) and Customer Relationship Management (CRM) systems.
- Health, Dental, Vision Insurance (Low deductible and copays)
- Company-paid Life and Disability Insurance
- 401(k) Match – up to 5%
- Paid Vacation, Personal and Volunteer days plus 11 holidays
- Paid maternity/paternity leave
- Wellness: Free fruit, insurance discounts, gym reimbursement, free wellness checks
- Scholarships – Employee, spouse, and children
- Tuition reimbursement
- Free chocolate and coating!
- Onsite Fitness Facility
- Bonus Potential
CQC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability, protected veteran status, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO Poster
For more information, please visit our website at www.cqc.com
- Reports To Vice President Retail Sales and Marketings