Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Sazerac has multiple opportunities across Southern Illinois including Belleville, Springfield, East Metro and more! Job Description/Responsibilities
The Market Development Manager
is a field leader that will manage a team of Market Development Representatives to drive results in on and off premise accounts. This role will develop and execute Impact Selling programs to drive key sales objectives in their markets.
Sazerac is exponentially growing our U.S. salesforce as part of a strategic company expansion. This is an opportunity to lead a best in class sales team to build brands and drive results in the field!
Additional responsibilities for the Market Development Manager
Qualifications/Requirements Required Qualifications:
- Lead and manage a team of Market Development Representatives to build brands, maximize distribution, solve customer challenges and maximize Sazerac merchandising and space-to-sales.
- Motivate and develop internal and wholesale team in delivering brand and individual goals.
- Establish and implement strategic programs to guide distribution, innovative launches, displays, feature ads, and retail promotions that produce effective presentation of the brand state priorities.
- Achieve volume objectives for the brand state priorities.
- Plan and execute consistent sales calls with key accounts.
- Develop, implement and monitor agreed upon Key Performance Indicators (KPI's) as it relates to their team.
- Work with internal teams to course correct any brands that are off brand state priority plan.
- Bachelor Degree in Business or related field
- Minimum 3 years of relevant sales experience
- People Management experience
- A valid driver's license
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- Strong planning & organizational skills
- Willingness to Travel
- Must be able to obtain a relevant solicitor's permit in any state
- On and Off Premise sales experience
- Market development and sales analysis experience