To form category partnerships with key retailer buyers by acting as an objective consultant through financial analysis and strategic product rationalization. Responsibilities
• The category consultant is assigned to a specific chain(s) and is responsible for increasing both the chain as well as our over-all business.
• Calls directly on the chain buyer and sells entire portfolio in an objective manner, adding in new distribution where it makes sense for the demographics of the individual store or clusters of stores.
• Assists buyers define roles for each subcategory of wine and/or spirits and further assisting them to develop strategies to achieve goals.
• Uses demographic data to cluster stores and market level syndicated data to obtain opportunities outside the retailer's current product mix.
• Provides a total category presentation to set sales tolerances, adjacencies and price flow.
• Works closely with sales and sales management to identify market opportunities.
• Recognizes product opportunities within respective categories and presents those new products (private labels) to RNDC suppliers.
• Scorecard chain performance to communicate success to RNDC executives. Qualifications
Bachelors degree from four-year college or university preferred; four or more years related experience, preferably management work with an alcoholic beverage wholesaler or supplier and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 30 pounds.
• CPCM - Certified Professional Category Management
• Requires a current state driver's license
• Ability to meet company vehicle insurance requirements
• Alcohol Beverage Commission (ABC) License, as required by the state
• Ability to regularly operate a motor vehicle We are an Equal Opportunity employer.