James B. Beam American Outpost Ambassador
The following positionis open in ClermontKentucky,United States.
What makes this a great opportunity?
James B Beam Distilling Co is a leading company in product innovation, deeply rooted in family heritage and a leader in the explosive bourbon category. We have exceptional benefits and a diverse team environment for you to grow in the hospitality and bourbon industry.
This position presents the opportunity to be on the front line of consumer engagement and influencing purchasing decisions. You will be a member of a highly diverse, energetic, and passionate team with a mission to deliver a world-class experience to our visitors. This position creates a very strong foundation to build a long-term career with Beam Suntory.
- Weekends and holidays are a regular part of the work schedule.
- Conduct tours of the James B Beam Distilling Co distillery (approx. group size of 24-30)
- Engage guests by discussing the history of how bourbon is made the Beam way.
- Provide accurate account of Beam Family history.
- Conduct tastings in the American Outpost by educating guests of our bourbon portfolio
- Craft cocktails to share with our visiting guests.
- Handle sales transactions including the transfer of funds and check-out through the cash register system.
- Maintain accurate inventory counts of all merchandise; include the receiving, inspection, tagging and stocking of all items.
- Maintain attractive and organized merchandise displays, ensuring store shelves are well stocked.
- Assist guests with fact-based information specific to our bourbon and heritage.
- Handle incoming phone calls and maintain accurate schedule of tour groups.
- Handle outbound shipments. Requires lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Special events setup/tear down
- Word & Excel knowledge
- CDL driver a plus.
- Adheres to and promotes quality, environmental, health and safety as one of the organization's business priorities.
Qualifications & Experience
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Engaging Personality
- Creative Thinker
- Socially at ease with big groups of people
- Good Showmanship
- Good communication skills, especially verbal
- Broad cultural knowledge and experience
- Strong number recognition and analytical skills
- Previous retail and inventory management experience a plus
- Prior tour guide experience a plus
- Bachelor's Degree preferred. Five years + experience as a tour guide/hospitality or retail experience a plus.
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.