Laid off or losing hours because of the Coronavirus? UNFI has high paying jobs and consistent, fulfilling work available NOW and AFTER the COVID-19 Pandemic!
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today!POSITION PURPOSE:
Responsible for providing clerical support in the distribution warehouse.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Attends work regularly and on time as scheduled, and maintains an acceptable attendance level.
- Plans and prioritizes work load to ensure that department needs are met as well as the overall organizational needs of the company.
- Follows instructions promptly and efficiently, taking initiative when appropriate.
- Responds promptly to e-mails and telephone calls, demonstrating consideration and courtesy.
- Communicates frequently with supervisor to alert the status of on-going operations pertaining to the incumbent's area of responsibility.
- Performs various Logistic Department related functions and assign-ments in an accurate and timely manner, as required by the circumstances and/or by the supervisor.
- Assists other department personnel in the performance of work activities when peak work load required during absences of facility personnel.
- Adheres to safe work procedures.
- Communicates in a professional, business like manner.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office - specifically Excel.
- 10 key skills.
- Prior warehouse clerical experience.
- Frequent walking, standing and lifting up to 35 pounds.
- Knowledge of warehousing functions.
- Understanding of warehouse equipment operations and safety issues.
- Detail oriented and excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Ability to work in fast paced, warehouse environment
- Ability to work independently with limited direction
- Excellent human relations skills required.
- Planning and organizational skills required.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.