The Senior Continuous Improvement Analyst position is responsible to lead and drive Lean & Six Sigma initiatives, including Lean Management huddles with teams at Gemba, to deliver significant customer, supplier, employee, operational, and financial benefit in support of the organization. The Sr. Continuous Analyst also coaches individuals and team on Lean Management & Six Sigma methodologies and tools in order to build competency within the business to execute CI activities on their own.Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with Process Owners and Business Leaders to drive positive impact to the customer, supplier, employee, and shareholder experience in UNFI's administrative organizations (e.g., Financial Shared Services, Customer Care, HR Shared Services, etc.) by identifying opportunities for process improvement and executing projects and initiatives using Lean, Six Sigma, and other CI quality tools and concepts.
- Coach and mentor Lean Management teams at Gemba to drive Kaizen and Respect throughout the operational environment
- Monitor process performance and improvements through key metrics as defined by Business Leadership
- Apply analytical/quantitative approach to problem solving by obtaining and using data from disparate sources
- Assist in development and facilitation of training and communications to help teams take a Lean Management / process improvement focused perspective and build a culture of Continuous Improvement
- Coach and train Green/Yellow Belts certification programs
- Lead, facilitate, and assist problem-solving between departments, warehouses and suppliers/customers.
- Collaborates with cross functional areas to develop and maintain performance metrics, measurements, methods and targets.
- Performs other job duties as required including data collections, consolidation, analysis and presentation of results
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Engineering, or similar
- Lean Six Sigma Green or Black Belt certified
- 5-7 years of business, process improvement, or financial experience
- Outstanding analytical skills (numerical, verbal)
- Strong Financial, Operations and Business Background
- Strong business acumen
- Project Management/Process Improvement strongly preferred
- Lean, process, value stream, and continuous improvement background
- Team facilitation
- Ability to pull together clear, concise, and compelling "story" of issues, improvements, situations using both verbal and visual communication tools (i.e., PowerPoint)
- Self-driven and highly motivated
- Must be comfortable working in an ever-changing environment and working with constantly changing priorities
- Advanced skillset in Microsoft Office including Visio, Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Access and related software applications
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, California, Rocklin
- Schedule: Full-time