About The Position
RAISE YOUR SPIRITS! : Splash is a fast growing start-up beverage company intent on becoming the non-alch mixer category killer. SPLASH has won awards for taste as well as design. Now, all we need is YOU to join our team!
Splash's classic cocktail flavors are a better-for-you alternative with superior taste. Our Margarita, Cosmo, Moscow Mule, Bloody Mary and Mojito are all lower calorie, lower sugar, non-GMO, natural, gluten-free and kosher. We have national retail distribution as well as several large on-premise accounts.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Responsible for maintaining and servicing existing large retail accounts and distributors as well as identifying and securing new sales opportunities. This role requires an engaging, confident, self-driven professional with the ability to develop strong relationships with vendors that will directly contribute to brand expansion. The Director of Sales must have excellent communication skills and a strong track record of achievement in sales and account management. This position offers a strong opportunity for career growth.
● Work closely with CEO to set and meet revenue goals within various sales categories.
● Strengthen relationships with current clients in order to increase average orders.
● Work closely with vendors to communicate and execute marketing and pricing strategies including overseeing calendar of promotions or other brand representation.
● Responsible for scheduling and conducting all relevant line-reviews for new and existing accounts.
● Identify and secure new accounts in targeted categories.
● Work closely with marketing team to devise and execute strategies to support sales.
● Work with marketing team to develop and produce pitch books, presentations and other sales materials that maintain overall messaging and brand identity.
● Work with accounting dept. to monitor and support timely account receivables.
● Work with operations to ensure accounts are receiving quality product on time.
● Work closely with operations to monitor expiration dates and devise strategies to move short dated inventory.
● Identify, communicate and solve issues with relevant colleagues to support clients.
● Communicate often with CEO to provide accurate sales data and other progress reports in a timely and regular fashion.
● Review all sales data regularly and take action to meet budgets and accelerate growth.
● 5+ years of consumer product sales experience with track record of robust success.
● Beverage industry experience preferred
● Experience selling to national chains is preferred
● Demonstrated connections with beverage distributors is preferred
● Spirit industry experience is a plus.
● Bachelor’s degree preferred
● Must have superior communication and negotiation skills
● Demonstrated resourcefulness and problem solving with a sense of urgency
● Capable and motivated to work well independently
● Superior time management skills
● Strong analytical skills with experience collecting, interpreting and presenting data
● Must be proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint