True or False: 3PLs are your BFFs but you can hang with the Lumpers.
Short Answer: What's the difference between a Reefer and a Dry Van?
Open Ended Response: Do you love to max out the cube? Why or why not?
Hypothetical Question: If you scheduled Truck A to arrive at Point D at 11:27 AM CST, but you went to bed at 8:30 PM CST the night before, you'd still know which point Truck A would be at by midnight, the night before delivery?
We hope that our ideal candidate might get a chuckle out of that quiz or-if no one really loves pop quizzes-at least breezed through it with brilliant answers.
Our familia is looking for a Logistics Specialist that's sort of like a hybrid between The Energizer Bunny and Thomas the Tank Engine; someone with an abundance of positive energy to power through complex scheduling, and a zeal for connecting the dots and getting everything on track to meet intermodal (and other) deadlines. (Yes, pun intended. And, while we're here, if you like bad dad jokes, that's a considerable plus.) Sound like you? Let's get in touch. About you:
What you will do:
- You're an excellent com-mu-ni-ca-tor.
- You like to make things move.
- Puzzles are your pastime of choice, and missing pieces can't even throw you off your A-grade puzzle-solving game. The more pieces, the better.
- If Train A leaves the station traveling at 30 miles per hour, and two hours later train B leaves the same station traveling in the same direction at 40 miles per hour, you've already overtaken both of them because you're an organized planner who scheduled the trains in the first place.
- You're friendly, personable, efficient, and thorough.
- Fast-paced environments thrill you.
- Like a Band-Aid, you love to fix problems, hold things together, and make people feel better.
- Work an evening shift, typically 1pm - 10pm.
- Receive load requests and tender loads to carriers.
- Book loads daily and maintain ownership of them from origin to destination.
- Build strong relationships with and maintain good communications with the carriers.
- Solve any issues in a timely manner as they arise, including mission-critical after-hours events.
- Work with the supply team to confirm inventory quantities will be available for the assigned ship date.
- Work closely with manufacturing and warehouse to accurately schedule incoming loads.
- Partner with the warehouse team to resolve any shipping discrepancies as they arise.
- Ensure that Routing Guide requirements for each distributor customer is communicated to the shipping team.
- Communicate and represent logistics cross-functionally across the organization to multiple stakeholders using various platforms.
- Ensure the accuracy of Inventory Management System (IMS) and Dock Management Software by maintaining accurate shipping data.
- Create reports to track Shipping Costs, Mode Usage, and Service Levels.
- Knowledge of Supply Chain Concepts.
- Logistics, TMS Software, and EDI experience are an extreme plus.
- Production and Forklift experience is a plus.
Please fill out our culture questionnaire . There are no wrong answers here -we want to learn more about you!
Siete Family Foods is an equal opportunity employer and committed to diversity in its workplace. Siete Family Foods hires qualified candidates and makes all employment-related decisions based exclusively on job-related qualifications, without regard to characteristics such as race, color, national origin, religion, gender, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other status protected by law.