About The Position
The IBG Wines (IBG) Field Sales Manager (FSM) adds value by executing chain new item activations, executing the chain velocity program and driving new PODs and accounts in the general market as well as ensuring pos velocity by executing programming around price, placement and promotion and positioning. The FSM achieves these objectives through face-to-face interaction with key decision makers such as buyers in the general market as well as wine stewards, store managers and receiving personnel in the chain world. The FSM must also maintain strong working relationships with their counterparts (particularly sales reps, merchandisers and division managers) within IBG’s distributors.
The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of combined distributor, customer and / or supplier experience in the state of Florida. Individuals with experience working with small teams and / or in small business environment preferred. We are looking for a candidate with proven ‘bootstrapping’ ability: creative, driven and enthusiastic about the work. We are mission-driven – someone who is passionate and idealistic about the environment, the food supply the welfare of those around them will fit in well with IBG Wines.
- Achieving depletion outcomes for a specific territory
- Execute chain new item activation programs and grow velocity of current chain placements.
- Selling in and executing minimum of two in-store sampling and hand-selling events per week.
- Creating new PODs in regional and general market accounts
- Building strong selling relationships at local chain and independent retail stores to execute new item activations and velocity programs.
- Building strong selling relationships at retail and on-premise accounts including buyers in the general market as well as wine stewards, store managers and receiving personnel in the chain store world
- Work with distributors to build key relationships in the market
- Responsible for learning and engaging with counterparts at the distributor particularly Sales People, Merchandisers and District Managers.
- Work independently and in partnership with distributor personnel to achieve territory outcomes
Proven Track Record Of:
- Building direct relationships with key decision makers an influencers at customer level
- Managing territory to achieve revenue, margin and depletion goals.
- Collaborating with distributors and customers to drive execution and account performance.
- ‘Bootstrapping’ ability to learn new customers and collaborate with salespeople to drive results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including Powerpoint
- 3 – 5 years total alcohol beverage experience
- Experience working as a distributor plus either customer or supplier experience
- Small team or small company experience preferred
- Ambitious, enthusiastic and excited to take this job as a first step in building a career at the supplier level
- Passionate about innovation