At Danone, we believe that every time we eat or drink, we vote for the world we want. As a leading food and beverage company, we make healthy, sustainably-produced foods and beverages that nourish people's lives. Some of our brands include Dannon, Activia, Horizon Organic, International Delight, Silk, Oikos, So Delicious Dairy Free, Stok, Two Good, Vega, and Wallaby Organic . And as the largest Certified B Corporation® in the world, we are committed to redefining success in business to ensure that through our brands we create real benefits for people, our communities, and the planet.
With headquarters in Broomfield, CO and White Plains, NY, Danone North America has more than 6,000 employees across the U.S. and Canada, and more than a dozen manufacturing facilities across North America. When you join Danone North America, you become part of a global team that is inspiring a healthier world through food.
Danone North America is looking for a Maintenance Mechanic in Springfield, Oregon.Position Summary:
This position is responsible to perform maintenance activities which support the entire Springfield Danone operation. Cooperation with the maintenance leadership and operations personnel for execution of work to be performed is vital. Ensure the plant is maintained in a safe, efficient manner, in accordance with plant procedures and local, state, and federal regulations. Proactive troubleshooting, communication, and resolution of equipment performance issues with both the Maintenance and Operations team is required. Continuous development and formal training to increase skill level is essential. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, cooperative, reliable, patient, considerate, respectful, and passionate about the work that needs to be done. They must have a consistent work history and be able/willing to flex schedule based on business needs.Key Activities:
Perform planned maintenance activities according to schedule. Attention to detail is critical. Ability to follow work instructions and communicate issues discovered. Technical skills in mechanical, pneumatics, electrical and some controls is needed bring equipment back to like-new condition. Clean, inspect, and replace worn parts to keep equipment in optimal condition. Update PM Task procedures as needed, continuous improvement. Read, enter information, check out parts in Maintenance Management System. Ability to troubleshoot a wide range of equipment operation deficiencies, identify contributing factors, and correct efficiently and effectively. Knowledge of multimeters for electrical troubleshooting is necessary. Experience reading technical manuals and one-line diagrams is beneficial. Work with operators, learning and training, on optimal run conditions. Help inexperienced operators understand what is not normal and how to react. Be responsive to equipment performance issues before breakdown. Act promptly in equipment downtime situations. Be proactive and active on the production floor. Ability to adjust schedule to support 24/7 manufacturing. May include working hours outside of a typical day shift, including weekends as needed. Working conditions frequently includes a cool indoor food production environment and occasional freezer environment, and intermittent outdoor environment. Clean environment, requiring hand washing every time you go on the floor 20+/- times a day.Qualifications:
• High School Diploma or GED required.
• Technical training/certification preferred in mechanical/pneumatic/ electrical/refrigeration trade.
• Minimum 3-5 years of manufacturing experience.Knowledge, Skills and Ablities:
• Intermediate-Advanced Level Mechanics
• Basic-Advanced Level Pneumatics
• Basic-Advanced Level Electrical
• Basic-Intermediate Controls Knowledge a plus.
• Basic-Advanced Refrigeration, a plus.
• Safety Knowledge/Training: Lockout Tagout, Fall Prevention, Electrical Safety, Confined Space, OSHA, PPE, Haz Comm, Tool Safety
• Experience in Food Production a plus
• Good verbal and written communication, presentation, organizing, prioritizing and implementation skills.
• Ability to collaborate cross-functionally and coordinate efforts around process improvement.
• Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines within specified time constraints.
• Must have strong interpersonal skills associated with developing trusting relationships.
• Must have excellent multi-tasking, organizational, planning and problem-solving skills.
• Must have the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Possess the ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Danone North America is a Certified B Corporation business unit of Danone and operates in the U.S. from headquarter offices inWhite Plains, NYandBroomfield, CO.For more information, please visit DanoneNorthAmerica.com
Danone North Americais an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfhttps://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf