Beam Suntory is Crafting the Spirits that Stir the World. Rooted in two centuries of family heritage, Beam Suntory has evolved into the world's third largest leading premium spirits company ... where each employee is treated like family and trusted with legacy. With our greatest assets - our premium spirits and our people - we're driving growth through impactful marketing, innovation and an entrepreneurial spirit. Beam Suntory is a place where you can come Unleash your Spirit by making an impact each and every day.Associate Brand Manager, Small Batch Emerging Brands
The following positionis open in New York , United States .What makes this a great opportunity?
Reporting into the Brand Manager of Emerging Brands on the Global Small Batch Brand House team, this Associate Brand Manager will play a key role in the brand strategy and creative for 4 brands - Overholt, Little Book, and two new brands - and in developing the programs, assets, and tools for markets around the world to realize the brands' vision.
Working with key cross functional and agency partners, this role will assist the overall Global Small Batch Emerging Brands Team with the creation of long-term strategic marketing objectives and strategies, and will lead asset development, innovation management, and business reporting and analytics for the Emerging Brands Portfolio, enabling market teams to deliver against volume, sales and profit growth objectives each year. What Makes This a Great Opportunity?
Role Responsibilities Business Analytics :
- Opportunity to work on some of the highest priority brands within the Beam Suntory portfolio to set and implement brand strategy in conjunction with cross-functionals (North America Brand and Commercial Marketing teams, Finance, Consumer Insights, Innovation, etc)
- Part of a growing portfolio within the Brand House with responsibility for multiple brands at varying price points, providing a breadth of experiences where no day is ever the same as the next.
- Ability to be on the front lines of launching multiple new brands over the next few years, shaping the brands' strategies, experience design, go-to-market planning, and overall launches.
- Unique ability to consider how to build brands in a smart, targeted way through appropriately seeding them in the right channels and locations and in the right ways.
- Responsibility to lead cross-functional teams and external agencies to develop components within the long-term global brand plans
- Ownership of key projects and programs, with autonomy and empowerment to drive decisions
- The spirits industry is an exciting, dynamic, and fast-paced business. Beam Suntory is a top player in the spirits business and focused on driving both category and brand growth
- Analyze brand performance, compile insights, and synthesize data into clear and compelling storylines with actionable recommendations
- Conduct category and brand marketing mix analysis on product positioning, distribution and pricing strategy/execution, promotion effectiveness, and competitive activity
- Understanding of budget management and forecasting process, including ROI evaluation
- Assist with strategic and annual experience planning by leading key elements of plan and partnering with the markets' Brand and Commercial Marketing teams to build locally relevant marketing programs
- Contribute to monthly brand updates and business reviews
Project Management & Innovation Development
- Assist the Brand Manager in building the emerging brands' experience plans (includes developing the campaign and platforms, then translating that into in-market programs, assets, and tools that brings to life the brands' jobs-to-be-done) - the overall approach to bringing to life the brands in market and determining the right set of touchpoints to do so.
- Support and/or lead elements of the brands' experience plans (including launch plans for new brands) inclusive of digital, social, website, PR, experiential, and other touchpoints.
- Oversee end-to-end commercialization projects for product updates and innovation work in Planisware (commercialization) system
- Support portfolio architecture strategy development and pipeline build, including post-mortem analysis and go-to-market business case
- Influence and shape innovation strategies especially for new brands, partnering with the innovation teams to develop the long-term pipeline view.
- Partner with innovation teams to support new innovation projects in the Emerging Brands product portfolio
- Partner with Sales and Finance to estimate new product and promotional volumes
Qualifications & Experience
- Provide global brand strategy guidance and brand governance information to markets' Brand and Commercial Marketing teams
- Facilitate exchange of information (competitive, regional insights, inventory, etc) and stay abreast of brand needs with regular touchpoints with markets' Brand and Commercial Marketing teams to ensure national plans are created in adherence to brand led, market fed strategy
- Develop trade promotion materials (sell sheets, education materials, etc.)
- Build relationships with cross-functional partners, including Innovation, Insights, Finance, PR, etc
- 1-3 years brand or consumer marketing experience
- MBA preferred
- Agency management experience required
- Strong project management skills with demonstrated experience in working collaboratively across an organization, gaining credibility amongst peers, managers and agency and cross-functional partners
- Self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and provide independent thinking supported by fact-based rationale
- Sound written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical abilities; experienced in identifying opportunities through analysis and bringing those opportunities to fruition
- Proven ability to deliver brand/marketing programs that align with overall Brand strategy
- Preferred: Experience with beverage alcohol industry and/or three-tiered distribution system a plus (soft drinks, beer, and other wholesale-distributed product).
At Beam Suntory, people are our number one priority, and we believe our people grow together in diverse and inclusive environments where their unique insights, experiences and backgrounds are valued and respected. Beam Suntory is committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, military veteran status and all other characteristics, attributes or choices protected by law. All recruitment and hiring decisions are based on an applicant's skills and experience.