Niche Import Co.
ImporterView Full Profile
About The Position
Niche Import Co, a Marussia Beverages Company, importing spirits and wine since 1992 and based in Cedar Knolls, NJ, is seeking an experienced and motivated individual to manage Niche’s business in the Western US. You will be responsible for managing our distributors and brokers in CA/WA/OR/AK/NV/AZ/HI. Key pillars of the position include: Distributor Management, Broker Management, Developing Key Off/On/Chain Acct Volume and Relationships, Brand Building, Brand Education, Pricing Management, P&L Management. Success in the position will deliver defined sales goals, executing KPI’s and effectively building the Niche portfolio in assigned markets.
- Identify and secure new business opportunities within the Region, building a strong core business
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with distributor/broker leadership & distributor brand managers in all assigned states
- Create, monitor and achieve all sales goals and KPI’s in each market
- Manage sales activity in all channels, including but not limited to sales distribution, distributor sales incentives, sales programming, sales activation, pricing and key account management
- Regularly work with distributor sales personnel in each market to coordinate all activity
- Participate in distributor sales meetings to present brand programming, new brands, etc.
- Conduct periodic business reviews with each key distributor
- Cultivate brand building opportunities through industry groups such as USBG
Knowledge, Skills & Core Competencies Required:
- This position is located in California. Candidate would preferably be from the San Francisco/Bay area.
- 5+ years industry related sales experience
- Requires Bachelor’s Degree
- Thorough knowledge of the industry, 3 tier system, sales and marketing trends
- Proven record of successful sales management
- Craft / Super Premium spirits oriented
- Proven ability to work effectively with all levels of account and distributor management
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills are a must
- Ability to leverage insights gained from syndicated data (Nielsen, IRI, VIP, Diver, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and remain focused in a dynamic work environment
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- Ability to travel as needed to perform job function
- Valid driver’s license
- Eligible to work in the US
- Reports To
- Direct Reports 1