Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
Stillwater (www.stillwater.life) is a food company bringing safe and standardized soluble cannabinoids to consumers and manufacturers alike. We believe that cannabinoids, especially non-psychoactive compounds like CBD, will soon become a major new category of functional food and beverage ingredients to rival probiotics. The company was founded in 2014 when our CEO’s grandmother asked him to get her a pot brownie. Realizing that grandma cared more about feeling better than getting stoned, our founders set out to develop functional cannabinoid-infused food and beverage products that alleviated the aches and anxieties of everyday life without tipping people into unwanted intoxication or forcing them to self-identify as “drug users.”
Five years later, our company encompasses three distinct business lines: (1) business-to-business sales of soluble hemp-derived CBD ingredients to food, beverage, and cosmetic manufacturers; and (2) direct-to-consumer sales of hemp-derived CBD-infused products nationwide; (3) direct-to-consumer sales of THC-infused edibles in Colorado.
About the Job
We are looking for a Sales Manager to build and manage our sales strategy and demonstrate success in maintaining a broker network for our hemp-based product lines, with particular emphasis on products sold to natural & drug retailers.
As our Sales Manager, you’ll target & secure new accounts by working with a broker and distributor network and building out customer-specific plans. We expect you to be someone who gets their hands dirty, but also knows how to marshal the resources required to accomplish complex undertakings (e.g. building and maintaining broker and buyer network). You should have deep experience in trade & merchandising planning, budgeting and submitting.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The development and implementation of a Customer-specific business plan, including pricing, promotion, product, and placement.
- Building and managing a Broker team.
- Target & secure new accounts by working with broker team. Directing the field selling efforts to achieve objectives.
- Holding Brokers accountable for company resources and managing trade funding for the territory.
- Monitoring and tracking results of key objectives.
- Communicating effectively with all broker team members.
- Working collaboratively with Marketing Department to optimize and execute in-store promos and retailer specific marketing programs.
- Leveraging business analytics to influence Customer and company decisions.
- Creating and establishing Customer-specific dashboards to monitor Broker sales progress and identify and close sales gaps with monthly, quarterly and yearly sales goals.
What we’ll love about you:
- A process-oriented problem solver who can manage complex situations without panicking
- A team player with a distaste for mercenaries
- An organized, proactive nature that loves building systems and tools
- An emotionally mature adult who prefers to work with other emotionally mature adults
- An inquisitive, curious nature that views ignorance as an opportunity to learn or teach
- A willingness to admit error quickly and move immediately on to improvement
- A clear communicator in any format
- Excellent time management skills
What you’ll love about us:
- A fast-growing company with a deep belief in the value of developing talent internally from within
- A group of sane, mostly rational executives who try their best to be decent human beings
- An environment where fire drills are the exception, not the norm
- Flexible PTO for all full-time employees
- Competitive salaries for all roles. For full-time employees, we also cover 100% of your healthcare premium
- For more details on the culture we foster, visit: http://bit.ly/2F5zhPt
- A 4 year degree (BS/BA) is required, MBA preferred
- Experience with a start-up company is preferred
- Proven track record of onboarding broker team, distributor and successfully launching new product with a go to market strategy
- 6+ years prior experience in a consumer packaged goods sales environment
- Experience working across sales, operations, analytics and category roles and the ability to drive sales
- Ability to accurately forecast and predict business results
- A minimum of 40% travel, including overnights and possibly weekends, required
Think you’re our new Sales Manager? Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Reports To Caliper Director