About The Position
Take the best desserts on the planet and make them better! We're looking for a quality leader who wants to do more than just review paperwork- If you're a quality leader who's looking to have a voice and drive real change- let's talk!
We are looking for someone to serve as our Senior Quality Manager and oversee quality assurance, food safety and the continuous improvement programs for the world’s best pie company. The intricacies of this job description will likely seem like a long, running list of acronyms. To summarize, you’ll be our continuous improvement champion and the voice of quality for our organization, ensuring that every one of our decisions aligns with our commitment to deliver the highest quality products on the market.
What You’ll Do:
· Create, communicate, and execute the company's long-range quality & food safety strategy.
· Talent management/development including coaching direct reports and other leaders.
· Drive & implement systems and process improvement through other teams.
· Problem Solving on an interdisciplinary team.
· Identify, lead and facilitate broad based product Quality & Food Safety programs.
· Serve as SQF Practitioner and site Preventive Controls Qualified Individual.
· Ensure regulatory standards (FDA, State Health Departments), third party food safety standards, and GFSI programs (SQF Level 2) are effectively implemented, maintained and continuously improved.
· Define and measure product attributes against a consumer Gold Standard including sensory.
· Develop Quality Loops that provide actionable data to the operations team.
Process Controls/Continuous Improvement
· Lead and coach other leaders on effective use of Root Cause Analysis (RCA).
· Deploy a robust non-conformance & corrective action follow up process.
· Leverage SPC statistical process control and other C.I. tools (Kaizen, Gemba, 5S, etc.) to reduce variation and drive continuous improvement throughout our organization.
Skills, Requirements and Minimum Education Level
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science/Food Technology or related field is required; (experience may be considered in lieu of degree)
- 5+ years in quality, continuous improvement and/or food science (baking industry preferred)
- FSMA PCQI Certification Required (iso 9001 or other certifications preferred)
- Innovative- an out of the box thinker who strives for excellence.
- Entrepreneurial/Start-Up Mentality – be pressure tested and able to thrive in environments of uncertainty and pressure.
- You are fascinated by problems and are relentless in the pursuit of solving them.
- You are deadline-oriented with ability to organize assignments, set priorities, and carry out plans.
(3) Quality Technician- Day shift, Quality Technician- Swing Shift, Quality Document Specialist,