$16.75/hr. + Incentive up to $7.00/hr.
Laid off or losing hours because of the Coronavirus? UNFI has high paying jobs and consistent, fulfilling work available NOW
the COVID-19 Pandemic! DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT FOR YOUR CAREER.
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today!
- Competitive pay & benefits
- Growth and professional development opportunities.
- We're committed to listening and responding to feedback.
- Recognition for great work, company events and picnics, and much more.
- Full-time employment opportunity.
Responsible for having a strong understanding of the equipment he/she uses, pick locations, pallet building, productivity measures and safety procedures.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues.
- Enters the proper information into the productivity measure.
- Identifies the correct pick location and pick sequence in accordance to the order.
- Picks the correct item and quantity, checking UPC's or item descriptions.
- Places pick labels on the side of the cases.
- Correctly identifies Master Case locations.
- Identifies and immediately reports miss-located products.
- Shrink wraps and labels with correct truck, stop and other required information.
- Stages pallets in appropriate bay.
- Listens for first and last call and obtains all out of stocks in a timely manner.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area.
- Immediately informs a supervisor or manager of any potential safety threats.
- Obtains aisle-cleaning assignment.
- Operates pallet jack/push cart in a safe and efficient manner.
- Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy.
- Builds a stable and well cubed pallet.
- Parks and recharges pallet jack in its appropriate spot at the end of your shift.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma/GED is Preferred
- Understanding of Safety guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required
- Understanding of WMS preferred but not required
- Ability to select at established minimum rate for department.
- Astute, close attention to detail.
- Understand and properly follow all selecting procedures and verbal instructions in your respective area: grocery, repack, cooler/freezer.
- Possess an understanding of procedures in other areas of the warehouse for a more global understanding of all processes