$16 per hour. A forklift operator at United Natural Foods is required to have a strong understanding of his lift, the loads he/she is carrying, productivity measures and safety procedures. Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Reports to the shipping office at the beginning of each shift for the daily assignment, vehicle inspection sheet and replenishment discrepancies sheet.
- Inspects assigned lift and completes vehicle inspection sheet.
- Replenishes pick slots using the view request screen. If no requests exist, uses the manual replenish screen to fill empty or almost empty slots.
- Performs knockdowns for selectors when needed.
- Maintains correct counts and logs any discrepancies in inventory.
- Verifies that the correct product is being put in the appropriate pick location.
- Cuts and removes shrink wrap from all knockdowns.
- Removes all empty pallets from pick locations and aisles. Separates the good, bad, and blue pallets and neatly stages in pallet staging area.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area.
- Operates the lift in a safe and efficient manner.
- Parks and recharges lift in its appropriate spot at the end of the shift.
- Immediately informs a lead, supervisor, or manager of any potential safety violations or violation of company policy.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- Medium work; exerts up to 75 lbs. of force occasionally and/or up to 40 lbs. frequently and 20 lbs. constantly.
- Subject to changing inside temperature (such as freezers or cold rooms)
- High School Diploma/GED.
- Able to understand safety guidelines.
- Strong knowledge of applicable Bakco functions and RF systems.
- Warehouse/Operations preferred but not required.
- System implementation experience is preferred.
- Able to apply common sense understanding to carry out simple one or two step instructions and to deal with ordinary, standardized situations.
- Able to perform very basic math skills including adding; subtracting, multiplying, and dividing two-digit numbers; the four basic arithmetic operations with money; and operations with units such as inch, foot, yard; ounce, and pound.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status. UNFI is an EO employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Similar jobs to check out:
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associ...
POSITION PURPOSE: Responsible for moving product. A forklift operator at United Natural Foods is required to have a strong understanding of his lift, the loads he/she is carrying, productivity measures and safety procedures.
Job Overview:$14 per hour. Primary responsibility for cleaning of the distribution center. Perform routine cleaning including vacuuming; sweeping, and mopping floors; dusting, washing walls, doors, and windows, and emptying trash. Perfo...