Laid off or losing hours because of the Coronavirus? UNFI has high paying jobs and consistent, fulfilling work available NOW and AFTER the COVID-19 Pandemic!DISCOVER WHAT'S NEXT FOR YOUR CAREER.
Join our team and immediately become part of the largest distributor of conventional, natural, organic and specialty products in the United States and Canada. We serve over 43,000 customer locations with 200,000 different products. Our Warehouse associates supply thousands of consumers with better for you food that nourishes families nationwide. Our retailers range from small family owned stores to Wholefoods Markets and everything in between. Are you ready to make an impact on the lives of others and feel good about what you do? Join our growing Distribution team today!POSITION PURPOSE:
Responsible for having a strong understanding of the entire warehouse and receiving procedures. Also needs to understand the products, receiving procedures, and back stock put away procedures. A receiver is responsible for moving product off trucks, monitoring the quality of product, entering it into inventory, and properly putting product in its respective staging location.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES:
- Checks with supervisors or leads at the beginning of the shift to discuss any issues or changes in the daily procedure.
- Verifies quantities of product received against the packing slip/purchase order.
- Checks and reports any damage found due to refrigeration, travel or handling by inbound freight company.
- Sorts or breakdowns all incoming product. (Eastern Region only)
- Builds steady and secure pallets to be put into back stock reserves.
- Wraps pallets whenever necessary.
- Ensures that all labeling of product and pallets are accurate for put-away in proper pick slot or back stock location.
- Keeps area clean and debris out of work area; ensures a safe working environment.
- Inspects assigned jack for safety issues. Operates all equipment in a safe and efficient manner.
- Wears personal protective equipment as required.
- Reports to supervisor or lead any violation of company policy.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location
- High School Diploma/GED Certification and/or equivalent related experience.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.