The Senior Account Manager is responsible for sales in assigned geographical area and/or key accounts. They manage, direct, and coordinate all sales plans and programs and a team of sales resources. Creating partnering relationships of trust, integrity, customer satisfaction and loyalty and ensures customer compliance. Collaborates with their teams to achieve the objective of building out the store.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Executes sales plans and goals designed to increase sales, profit margin and minimize expenses. Develops and maintains a Joint Business Plan that drives sales and profit margin.
- Manages, targets and secures new sales opportunities and servicing of existing accounts. Forecasts profit, volume growth and other related goals as determined. Assists with the preparation of a sales budget for assigned accounts.
- Makes key decisions on addressing and identifying customer needs and concerns for assigned accounts.
- Analyzes sales reporting and create strategies to drive sales. Responsible for sales and profit margin results for assigned account(s). Focuses plans to drive sales and profit margin across product and services.
- Create and maintain partnerships with vendor, broker and other trade partners.
- Proactively drives the company's initiatives to ensure the success of the customer. Focuses efforts on mutual sales and profit growth. Conducts regular reviews of sales activities and effectiveness. May develop promotions and incentives to increase sales and improve performance.
- Partners with cross-functional team of resources to ensure account goals are achieved. Works collaboratively with Merchandising, Subject Matter Expert's and Services leaders to ensure department sales specialists are supporting their account goals
- Leads team members within assigned territory through effective objective setting, delegation, and communication. Responsible for selection, training and mentoring current and new team members within assigned territory. Manage sales team members to established metrics.
- Bachelor's Degree strongly preferred.
- 5+ years sales experience with an understanding and knowledge of products.
- Demonstrated ability to drive new business and close sales
- Development and execution of business plans, sales plans, and/or commission programs.
- Understanding of sales forecasting, programs, promotions and related techniques.
- Understanding of margin and company profitability.
- Proven track record of meeting and exceeding customer expectations.
- Ability to work in a result driven environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and company sales systems.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.