Responsible for unpacking and displaying store merchandise. Unpacks delivered goods, arranges, organizes, and displays merchandise. Processes returns and special orders. Ensures that all related documentation is accurate and complete. Serves customers in a professional, courteous, and timely manner. Provides assistance to area merchandising personnel and ensures that management is well informed of area activities.Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Responsible for effectively and displaying store merchandise.
- Develop a routine to assure prompt arrival at customer location after truck delivery.
- Travel from account to account, stocking and rotating delivered items.
- Return misplaced items to correct locations. Ensures the neat and orderly appearance of sales displays.Assist in hanging shelf tags and promotional POS/POP materials and resets. Assist with promotional presentations and sales programs as assigned.
- Work to prevent damage and theft of merchandise, and preserves materials in saleable condition.
- Responsible for maintaining effective business relations with customers. Record requests for merchandise, orders products, and notifies customers promptly. Process merchandise returns and issue credits according to company policy.
- Accurately complete required reports.
- Perform duties in accordance with Hazard Analysis Critical Control Points (HACCP) and Safe Quality Food (SQF) policies and procedures, as appropriate for location.
- Follow through on requests for services or products while keeping customers well informed of order status.
- Responsible for other duties as assigned. Assist area merchandising personnel as needed.
- Keep management informed of area activities and of any significant concerns. Attend meetings as required. Provides backup for other merchandisers when needed.
- High school graduate or equivalent related experience
- Valid driver's license necessary. Auto insurance levels that meet UNFI requirements
- Prior customer service experience in a retail setting. Minimum one year of related experience. System Implementation preferred
- Knowledge of MSI unit
- Excellent customer service skills, good communication abilities, organization skills and attention to detail, basic math abilities, ability to work independently
- Ability to get in and out of car multiple times per day and able to spend up to 30% of the day in the car traveling to and from accounts safely in city, rural and expressway conditions
- Ability to set up displays, fixtures, shelving and products. Able to tolerate exposure to store and warehouse conditions including wide variances in temperature, dust and dirt. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. UNFI is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to creating an inclusive and respectful environment for all. - M/F/Veteran/Disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
- Additional Locations: United States of America, Utah
- Schedule: Full-time