Position Title: Cake Decorator
Accountable to: Bakery Manager
To provide quality bakery products that meet the customer needs, ensures customer satisfaction and a positive shopping experience.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Prepare bakery products by following safe food handling and preparation processes.
- Follow approved decorating styles and creates new decorations as appropriate.
- Complete production assignments and ensure consistent quality and accuracy in decorating.
- Accurately package, label and price product.
- Assist in production, wrapping and labeling of bakery product and ensure a variety of product is prepared for maximum sales potential.
- Ensure adequate quantities of product and decorating supplies by maintaining adequate quantity of product, decorating supplies and placing orders as required.
- Stock, rotate and face bakery product.
- Pull stales, write down product, quantity and retail.
- Prepare sales area by cleaning cases and bins.
- Stock shelves, bins and cases; check prices and verify sign and product price.
- Assist with department merchandising as directed, assist with seasonal resets and maintain cross merchandised product throughout the store as well as maintaining proper signage.
- Perform clean up of department by following all safety, sanitation and food handling regulations.
- Maintain a clean and organized decorating area.
- Maintain conditions in the back room, clean shelves, racking and cases as needed and use personal protective devise (splash goggles, chemical resistant gloves) as required.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner.
- Must be able to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies verbally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and time, including nights, weekends and holidays.
My Cub. My Way.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status