Position Title: Bookkeeper
Accountable to: Customer Service Manager
Emphasis in this position is on providing management with accurate and timely reporting of the store's cash flow and ensuring proper security and confidentiality.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer interactions and treating customers as the most important people in the store.
- Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or elsewhere in the store.
- Assists customers by: (examples include)
- escorting them to the products they're looking for
- securing products that are out of reach
- loading or unloading heavy items
- making note of and passing along customer suggestions or requests
- performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the shopping experience.
- Perform daily store accounting procedures:
- Balance and reconcile all cashier (operator) reports used to reconcile with drawer and communicate with management regarding over/shorts
- Perform check encoding
- Ensure adequate amounts of change on hand in store and follows procedure in ordering and receiving change
- Follow procedure for bank deposits and security service pick ups
- Follow procedure for reporting store accounting data (sales, deposits, safe cash, etc.)
- Follow procedure for handling cash, food stamps and checks for accountability and security
- Verify daily safe count with designated store management
- Follow procedure for terminating day's business and beginning of new reporting period including entering and transmitting sales and deposit information to corporate office
- Properly handle in-store customer charges
- Follow procedure for coupon handling and shipment
- Notify store management of any bookkeeping discrepancies or procedural changes
- Conduct security procedures for store bookkeeping office, information and contents
- Maintain safe, cash drawers, pouches, and locks on all doors for proper security
- Maintain confidentiality regarding sales, mix ratios, cash on hand
- Ensure proper authorization for admittance to security areas
- Ensure only authorized personnel from security service pick up cash deposits
- Report discrepancies to appropriate management
- Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
- Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines related to personal hygiene and dress.
- Adheres to company policies and individual store guidelines.
- Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
- Protects associates and customers by removing potential hazards from the sales floor and parking lot in a timely manner.
- Must be able to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or verbal instructions; deal with a few concrete variables.
- Must have the ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions, decimals, and percentages.
- Have the ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions; write identifying information; request supplies verbally or in writing.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to more than 20 feet with depth perception, and field of vision.
- Must be able to work shifts varying in length and time, including nights, weekends and holidays.
My Cub. My Way.
We provide our customers the best grocery experience period by personalizing our customers' evolving needs with innovation, convenience and by supporting the communities we serve through delivering quality, variety and fresh groceries.
At Cub, employment is built on a foundation of diversity and inclusion that enhances and enables our associates' career development through education and training. We pride ourselves in having a strong team of passionate employees who provide exceptional service. Every employee has the opportunity to make a difference in the lives of our customers.
We're an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status