Live the experience
. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions
drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
The IT Senior Manager - Automation leads a team to optimize our workforce and improve operating margin across the enterprise through the deployment of "[everything] as code" automation. The role combines deep technology expertise with proven strategy, management, collaboration and business acumen to drive results at scale. The team achieves these goals by driving adoption of Ansible Automation Platform (AAP), Terraform, continuous integration / continuous deployment (CI/CD) test pipelines, Robotic Process Automation (RPA) and emerging intelligent automation capabilities across the enterprise. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
- Accountability/Relationship Management: Collaborate with executives, peers and delivery teams to identify and prioritize opportunities to introduce efficiencies through workload automation. Develop strategic relationships with stakeholders and customers by understanding their needs and aligning the capabilities of the team accordingly. Develop enterprise-wide mission and process integration with key partner teams including the Enterprise PMO and Continuous Improvement teams to drive broader impact and "win together".
- Innovation/Strategic Thinking: Drive a holistic vision and strategy for automation across the enterprise. Seek new opportunities, methods, trends, capabilities and products for the advancement of the automation program and align those to business benefits. Ability to objectively evaluate and challenge the status quo and leverage the right methodologies to accelerate progress. Maintain a strong understanding of industry and business, assisting the broader IT organization in the formation of strategy and approach to exploit technology, skills and methods to drive significant impact to the bottom line.
- Quality and Performance Management: Design and deploy an Automation Center of Enablement to provide the tools and governance our teams and customers need to deliver automations at scale. Define and adopt quality standards and hold the team accountable for meeting the standard through quantitative measures. Demonstrate competence with relevant project management, organization and collaboration techniques to provide clarity of roles and expectations. Drive effective retrospectives and root cause analysis to learn from failures and drive a culture of continuous improvement.
- Organizational Development: Lead the automation team through resource planning, up-skilling, career development and recruitment of future talent to drive business results and provide outstanding opportunities for our people. Coach, support and delegate to empower the team. Get "hands on" when appropriate to both serve as model for expected performance and to remove obstacles impeding the team.
- Technology: Proven track record in software development, DevOps, infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD test automation or similar roles. Deep technical expertise in deploying enterprise-scale scripted automation using Python, Ansible, Terraform or similar "[everything] as code" technologies.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS :
- Drive a fun, high-performing culture and provide leadership for the automation team to grow, thrive and deliver the mission
- Create and execute multi-year roadmap for automation across the organization, including necessary areas to invest in people, process and technology to capitalize on the full opportunity automation affords the organization across both the business and IT
- Define and manage project schedules and workflows to drive opportunity intake, prioritization and delivery to keep all stakeholders informed throughout and measure the results
- Drive resource capacity and demand planning for the automation team to align the availability of staff to the needs of the enterprise
Qualified candidates will have an Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS/CIS or equivalent professional experience and 7 years' experience in full-stack application development, DevOps, infrastructure-as-code, CI/CD and test automation or similar delivery roles. Additional requirements include:
- 5 years' IT management experience delivering solutions enterprise-wide using agile methods
- Domain knowledge of automation concepts and tools including cloud infrastructure automation products such as Terraform, contemporary development, scripting and automation languages such as Ansible and Python, and Robotic Process Automation (RPA)
- Ability to manage through conflicting priorities and tight deadlines
- Excellent communication and relationship-building skills
- Highly proficient in articulating technology strategy and benefits to a non-technical audience of stakeholders and executives
- Driver of results across teams, peers, stakeholders and senior leaders through persuasion and articulating a vision of what is possible
- Work with teams across onshore / offshore, remote work and staff augmentation models
- Flexibility to be available after hours, on weekends, and during peak season (holiday) as necessary to support the team and business operations
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences)
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.