Live the experience
. From professional empowerment to continual learning opportunities. From ongoing investment in new and emerging technologies to a career of self-determination. At Ulta Beauty, our tech team is critical to our scalability-and is recognized that way. We've been defined as a "mature start-up." A place where interdepartmental exposure, open doors, and genuine collaboration is ubiquitous. Where challenges come fast and furious, requiring agility, mental dexterity, and creativity. Where our passion for better solutions
drives us and is core to who we are.
We're engineering for the future of retail, and it's no-holds-barred. But for those motivated by continual change and ambiguity, by superior leadership, by whip smart colleagues who will press you daily for your very best, you'll find that virtually nothing's impossible at Ulta Beauty. THE IMPACT YOU CAN HAVE:
Our digital guest and associate experiences are the defining strategic imperative of the Store Systems technology team. The Lead App Developer is responsible for planning, developing, and supporting the user interface layer of our large-scale, associate facing, commerce/retail native mobile applications. You'll work alongside business stakeholders, visual designers, UX architects, Java technical leads, QA analysts, and application architects in a collaborative environment to iteratively deliver solutions on time and on budget. You will leverage the latest Mobile Apps technologies, tools, and frameworks to produce UIs that push industry standards for accessibility, usability, and performance. We want someone who can not only develop amazing experiences, but also collaborate effectively with our award-winning Visual Design, User Experience, Development Operations, and Java Services teams. We are looking for technical leader who is an expert in Apple/iOS platform, and proficient in the Android. YOU'LL ACCOMPLISH ALL OF THIS BY:
- Native Apps Development and Production Support - Develop scalable and reliable native apps using Apple platforms as primary need but be open to explore Android prototypes. Must be able to integrate native apps end solutions with multiple data sources, including XML, GraphQL, JSON, and custom APIs. Expert level knowledge of Swift and/or Kotlin programming languages. Assists in the investigation and resolution of issues relating to mobile native applications and assists with specified procedures. Participate in appropriate document process for development and production needs.
- Delivery Leadership - Must have experience leading groups of 2-8 Native App Developers in an onshore/offshore model with agile delivery methods. Should have experience collaborating with enterprise UX standards and brand governance teams. Must be able to help translate business issues into detailed requirements, delivery plans, and graceful code that solves origin problems.
THE ESSENTIALS FOR SUCCESS:
- Solution Development - In addition to mentoring junior members of the Associate Apps team, participate with management to build out the Native Apps practice at Ulta, including (but not limited to) assessing/training vendor augmentation resources, improving estimation models, documenting solution practices, interviewing/hiring, API contract negotiation, and project level staffing decisions.
- Process/Tools Champion - Leverage field experience to research and install improvements to our delivery methodology as related to atomic/modular design integration, testing practices (Unit, End-to-End, BDD), API integration, Native App end build tools, accessibility standards, security best practices, continuous integration procedures, error logging, performance optimization, and the like.
Qualified candidates will have at least 8+ years of overall professional software development experience and recent team management experience of midsize in house and augmented/outsourced software teams. Additional requirements include:
#LI-CS1COLORADO PAY RANGE
- 7+ years of iOS app full life-cycle development and mass deployments, includes app signing and certificate management. Mobile Device Management products experience preferred. Experience with peripheral sleds for scanning or payment processing is solid plus
- Experience developing native iOS Applications (Swift/Objective C) is a must. Experience developing in Swift is preferred
- Deep understanding and experience of mobile technologies for Apple platforms. Preferred to have working knowledge of Android eco-systems
- Track record of designing, developing, and shipping great apps is a must. Must be able to provide working examples of deployed apps in market
- Strong exposure to collaborative engineering methodologies: agile, code reviews, linting, continuous integration, cloud deployments, etc.
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment.
- Strong native apps test automation experience.
- Previous software development experience using Java and JEE (preferred)
- Must be proactive, self-directed, detailed and organized
- Support off-hours production issues and code deployments as needed
- Minimal travel required (training/conferences).
At this time, Colorado residents are not eligible for this position. ABOUT
At Ulta Beauty
(NASDAQ: ULTA), the possibilities are beautiful
. Ulta Beauty is the largest North American beauty retailer and the premier beauty destination for cosmetics, fragrance, skin care products, hair care products and salon services. We bring possibilities to life through the power of beauty each and every day in our stores and online with more than 25,000 products from approximately 500 well-established and emerging beauty brands across all categories and price points, including Ulta Beauty's own private label. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in every store featuring-hair, skin, brow, and make-up services.
We will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with arrest records, conviction records, or other criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of any applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance, the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, and the New York City Fair Chance Act.