Ideal candidates will possess a technical ability in the area of automation controls within a high-volume industrial manufacturing environment with an emphasis in packaging automation.The Controls Systems Technician will be responsible for maintaining and troubleshooting all process control and operation support systems.Experience with PLC's, HMI's, automation and control system design and hands-on troubleshooting is strongly preferred.Candidates must be hard-working with a strong work ethic and an unfaltering determination to excel in a fast-paced environment and a desire to gain tremendous personal and career growth.Here's what you'll do:
QualificationsHere's what you'll bring to the table:
- Review and modify existing equipment as required to meet safety, quality, and production requirements
- Perform root-cause analysis, troubleshoot, repair, and maintain automated production and robotic systems
- Program, troubleshoot and repair/replace sensors, scanners, vision systems, motors, variable frequency drives, and encoders
- Troubleshoot automated production equipment using RSLogix 5000, 500, and RSStudio PLC programming software
- Create or modify operator interface such as PanelView Plus, Wonderware/Archestra/Aveva
- Control system upgrades of existing and integration of new equipment
- Troubleshoot electrical wiring, relay logic, control and safety circuits using electrical schematics and electronic test equipment
- Able to interpret electrical schematics, mechanical drawings, blueprints, and layouts
- Perform preventative and predictive maintenance of production controls systems
- Follow all company policies including, but not limited to, good manufacturing practices and safety systems
- Ensure work is completed in accordance with relevant codes and with proper documentation
- Participate in continuous improvement activities to improve processes, efficiency, quality and service
- Support operations and reliability in meeting business objectives
- COVID vaccination will be required for this position unless candidate has a legally valid exemption.
- Associates degree in electronics from accredited college or certificate of completion from a technical program (Electrical/Electronic technology or similar) preferred
- Candidates with 5+ years' of relevant experience, in lieu of education, will be considered
- Experience with programming of Drives, PLCs, and HMI's
- Experience and proficiency with relay logic, programming various types of instrumentation, wiring of I/O for control systems, and understanding of programmable logic controllers' architecture
- Detail oriented, highly organized, and committed to superior quality.
- Proactive individual that takes responsibility for their equipment, lines, coworkers and the continuous improvement of the operation.
- Able to work in a team environment where honest communication, a positive attitude, engagement, and personal accountability is expected.
- Able to work off-shifts, weekends & extended shifts (i.e. 12 hrs.)
- Follows and fully understands Instrumentation and Electrical Safety practices (LOTO, Arch flash)
- Must possess a high level of mechanical & electrical aptitude and be an effective communicator, mentor, and trainer
- Ability to fluently read and interpret electrical schematics is required
- Effective written and verbal communication as well as interpersonal skills to work in a collaborative team environment that includes; shared responsibilities, establishing and maintaining good working relationships with others to support team and company objectives and a willingness to work in all areas of the facility
- PLC - AB ControlLogix, CompactLogix, MicroLogix, SLC5
- PLC I/O -AB1756, AB1768, AB1769, Point/Flex/Block I/O, 1742 interfaces
- ABNetworks - Remote I/O, DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP, ControlNet
- HMI Hardware - Allen Bradley PanelView Plus, PC Based Thin Clients, Wonderware ME
- HMI Software - AB Panelview ViewME, Wonderware ArchestrA IDE.
- Drives - AB PowerFlex series 4,40,525,70,700,725,735,755. Emerson, Yaskawa
- Motor Start buckets troubleshooting and wiring
- Motors Types - Induction, DC, Servo
- Instrumentation - Level, Pressure, Temperature, Flow, Distance
- Low voltage controls - 24vac, 24vdc, 4-20mA
Additional InformationHere's what we'll bring to the table:
- AutoCAD and/or Visio proficiency
- Electrical Control Panel design familiarization
- Programming Language experience (IE JSON and Webservices)
- Supervisory Systems - Historians, SQL, MES, ArchestrA
- Supervisory Networks - Switches, Router, CAT6, 802.11a/b/g
- Wonderful Giving -a one-of-kind program that donates company money to charities close to our employees' hearts
- Employee college tuition reimbursement
- Employee referral program* - $1,500 per exempt referral; $500 per non-exempt referral, * Taxes applicable.
- Full benefits package -- Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) retirement plan, company matching and annual catch-up, Employee Assistance Program, company-paid life insurance (spouse and dependents to age 26), life insurance, AD&D insurance, flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Wonderful Citrus is part of The Wonderful Company, a successful, fast-growing privately held $4 billion company with 9,000 employees worldwide. We've made Wonderful Pistachios one of America's top-selling salty snacks. We've turned pomegranates and POM Wonderful into a worldwide phenomenon. Wonderful Halos is the No. 1 mandarin orange in America. FIJI Water is the No. 1 premium bottled water in America. JUSTIN Wine produces California's top-selling, high-end Cabernet Sauvignon. And Teleflora is the world's largest flower delivery service.
The Wonderful Company has a long-standing commitment to corporate social responsibility, including more than $120 million invested in environmental technologies and sustainability research, $45 million in charitable giving and education initiatives every year, $30 million toward the construction of a new charter school campus in California's Central Valley, and innovative health and wellness programs, including two new, free primary care clinics for employees and their dependents.
Wonderful Citrus is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
EEO is the law - click here for more information