Job Location: Hazleton, PA Summary:
The Hershey Company Hazleton plant is a Union plant producing products such as Cadbury, Milk Bars, Almond Bars, Extra Dark Bars, Caramel Bars, Candy Coated Eggs, and Kit Kat, in a high-speed complex environment.
The Project Packaging Engineer's primary responsibility is to ensure the functionality, reliability, and optimization of the plant's current and future packaging systems, to meet safety, quality, and productivity requirements.
The Project Packaging Engineer will lead coordination efforts to verify and validate existing equipment capabilities to produce new products and/or packaging and lead implementation efforts to support required changes. Responsibilities:
- Development and management of packaging projects, supporting new product/package development; provide technical assistance to project teams; support development of future packaging, process, and facility capital requirements. Responsible for multi-functional project resources.
- Provide site technical leadership for packaging system assets. Support and guidance for technical resources for advanced troubleshooting and optimization efforts.
Minimum knowledge, skills and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Support continuous improvement efforts, through the development and implementation of equipment and people capability.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Knowledge and experience in packaging systems design and operation, including primary packaging (high-speed flow wrapping), secondary packaging (such as cartoning, VFFS (bagging), scales, etc.) and tertiary packaging (case packaging and palletizing).
- Familiarity with common packaging materials used in the food/beverage and/or consumer packaged goods industry.
- Project management lifecycle experience; scope development, cost estimates, design considerations, equipment/vendor selection and bidding, installation and start-up management, and associated project administrative requirements.
- Technical manufacturing experience required; consumer packaged goods or food and beverage experience preferred.
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, ensuring design capabilities align with operational requirements.
- Effectively communicate and develop relationships with vendors, contractors, plant resources, and all levels of management within The Hershey Company.
- Demonstrated technical leadership and collaboration with manufacturing resources for problem solving and process improvement initiatives.
- Ability and willingness to work in a team environment with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated understanding of required business objectives, including safety and quality requirements, when developing technical solutions.
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or Engineering Technology preferred, relevant experience will be considered
Preferred Skills / Attributes:
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience.
- Practical knowledge and relevant experience in packaging systems, automation, and controls.
- Experience with SAP preferred.
- Familiarity and experience with manufacturing lean processes.
- Experience with reliability based preventative maintenance plans.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans