Job Location: Hershey, PA Hourly Pay Rate: $9.00 or more based on experience Minimum Age: 18 years of age or older
Tour Ride Operators are responsible for the ride operations of the Hershey's Chocolate Tour. Operators are stationed in a control room and are responsible for closely watching and monitoring the screens of the ride. They also have the ability to control the speed of the ride (slow the ride or stop the ride in case of emergencies). Operators must maintain all safety procedures, monitor the activity of the guests on the tour ride and ensure adherence to rules and safety procedures. Operators will be required to work at the posts on the turntable when not in the operator's control room. When assisting on the turntable, employees will be required to provide physical support, assist the guests as they enter and exit the tour ride cars, and ensure guests' safety while on the continuously moving turntable. The required skills will be learned primarily through on-the-job training.
This is a part-time position located in Hershey, Pennsylvania. The company will not provide relocation assistance or other employment benefits for this position. This position requires evening, weekend and holiday availability and has a starting hourly rate of $9.00 or more based on relevant experience.
Hershey's Chocolate World requires a focus on exceptional customer service and expects employees to be: approachable, courteous, knowledgeable about our products, able to clearly communicate with guests and assist them with questions, and provide general information to guests with a high level of professionalism.Summary of major duties:
Minimum knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform major duties/responsibilities:
- Must demonstrate our Customer Service Pledge
- Must be approachable, showing that our guests are our priority
- Must initiate contact with our guests by being courteous and greeting them with a smile
- Must be willing to listen to our guests and provide for their needs
- Must provide a genuine Thank You to every guest
- Ability to stay focused and watch monitors throughout shift, ensuring the safety of our guests
- Operate a two-way a radio
- Ability to make quick safety decisions
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Operators will rotate into all positions throughout the ride, including the main entrance of the ride or on the turntable assisting guests.
- Monitor and report any safety issues to the manager or leader on duty
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements: Education:
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must maintain a neat appearance and adhere to uniform standards
- Must be able to sit, stand or walk up to 5-8 hours per shift
- Attention to detail and ability to watch the tour ride monitors
- Must be able to tolerate the motion of the constantly moving turntable for the entire shift
- Must be able to provide physical support (assist guests who need assistance maintaining balance while stepping on and off the turntable, provide stability on the moving turntable)
- This role will require bending, stooping, and twisting
- Respond and follow through in a timely manner to safety situations throughout the tour ride
- Must be able to communicate effectively with co-workers, other departments at Chocolate World, and function effectively as part of a team.
- Proficient computer skills are required
- Teamwork and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment and multi-task
- Leadership/ability to take initiative
- Must be able to read, write and speak English proficiently
No formal education required Experience:
Previous ride operator experience preferred, but not required
This description covers the most significant duties performed, but you may be responsible for other minor related work assignments.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans