About The Position
Duties and Responsibilities:
The duties and responsibilities include the following, though others may be assigned. It is this individual’s responsibility to meet or exceed those duties in order to maintain brand heath and market growth.
- Develops and/or implements market sales strategy, programming, sales coordination, merchandising plan and distribution.
- Directs, coordinates, and manages the execution of our marketing efforts in defined area of responsibility.
- Develops and maintains quality relationships with keys (consumers, on/off-premise accounts & distributors) and utilizes such to build the brand.
- Executes sales efforts that gains new distribution, display(s), features, and on-premise promotion, achieves shelf management objectives, and the effective presentation of our brands to the consumer at the point of purchase.
- Obtains appropriate distribution within assigned accounts.
- Identifies relevant consumer and customer trends in their respective market and seeks out innovative ways to continuously build our brands.
- Works diligently with area Brand Ambassadors to gain marketplace insights and follow up on all sales and branding opportunities developed within that program.
- Adheres to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations governing the sale of alcoholic beverage products in accounts.
- Develops and manages assigned budget.
- Ensures all administrative duties are performed accurately and in a timely manner.
- A driven chameleon in their own market who can master their schedule & prioritize time spent visiting accounts to meet and exceed monthly sales goals.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential qualification satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strategic and creative thinker with the ability to work independently.
- Strong presentation skills, including networking and public speaking.
- Proven ability set goals & objectives and evaluate performance.
- Ability to travel daily within their defined territory.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred but not required
- 5+ years of sales experience within the spirits industry. A preferred mix of premium spirit, bar/restaurant, distributor, distillery or retail.
- Demonstrated track record of performance and delivery.
- Ability to create, maintain and build professional relationships.
- Effective use of networking and strong interpersonal skills.
- Charismatic and engaging leader with strong negotiation and communication skills.
- Business minded and able to execute administrative obligations in a timely manner.
- Quality computer skills including Microsoft Office & CRM related software.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a satisfactory driving record
- Extensive travel within territory is required
- Requires some work on nights/weekends
- Competitive pay based on level of industry experience.
- Annual bonus opportunity paid out per qualifying tertile.
- Opportunity to participate in company medical & dental benefits program.