About The Position
The Packaging Quality Specialist will drive and deliver the highest quality packaging for Sierra Nevada through internal/external cross-functional teamwork and the execution of quality management systems.
What You Will Do
- Leads packaging quality and seeks to protect and elevate the brand at all times
- Develops and maintains standard operating procedures or management systems for quality related packaging processes; provides training for packaging and quality personnel
- Maintains product quality through adherence to good manufacturing practices, product specifications, and quality procedures; completes tasks thoroughly and accurately to ensure compliance with quality standards
- Accountable for quality hold process management: initiates, isolates, documents, corrects, verifies
- Knowledgeable of packaging quality KPIs and associated programs or projects/actions (e.g., micro, fill heights, total package oxygen content, etc.)Associates or Bachelor's Degree in science, analytical, or food related discipline or any combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved required
- Process improvement or systems thinking experience including at least one of the following: *Workflow optimization *Quality management systems or other process management systems*Root cause analysis or other complex problem-solving techniques *Statistical process control (SPC) or Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)*Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and/or equipment verifications or validations *Reaction plans or process aids/process flow charts*Continuous improvement *Design of experiment (DOE) required
- Experience in quality assurance or quality control in a production environment (brewery preferred) with an emphasis on packaging materials preferred
- Experience in: * Glass/packaging material quality, integrity testing, & development * Supplier quality management or supplier relationship management * Food/beverage sanitation * Independent work & teamwork * Packaging science, testing, development, or engineering * Startups or greenfields * HACCP, internal audits, and good manufacturing practices (FSMA, cGMP) preferred
Additional Requirements to Consider Before Applying
- You must be at least 21 years of age to work for Sierra Nevada Brewing Co.
- Selected candidate must pass a pre-employment, post offer background check.