Union Beer Dist. seeks a full-time, highly motivated, solution-focused Dispatcher with a positive attitude and strong leadership skills to join our Team.
The selected candidate will be responsible for supervising the transportation operations for the five boroughs of New York City, including but not limited to routing, dispatching, and the training and development of new driver hires. In addition, they will be required to ensure all drivers adhere to D.O.T. regulations, state and federal laws, and OSHA requirements pertaining to transportation. Job Responsibilities: DISPATCH
- Possess working knowledge of morning dispatch process for both Class A & Class B and Non-CDL Drivers to dispatch routes efficiently according to dispatch times
- Assist with updating the information in RoadNet, checking driver and helper assignments to ensure accuracy for each route, and updating departure times to the dispatching sheet.
- Assist in preparing dispatching sheet for the day, confirming assignments with the Delivery Manager
- Answer phone calls from customers, customer service, drivers, and sales representatives regarding delivery times and any issues with deliveries
- Act as an intermediary between Transportation and Sales
- Handle call-outs from drivers and driver helpers, providing alternate solutions for deliveries and communicate absences and vacation requests with the Delivery Manager and Payroll in a timely fashion
- Provide communications to drivers and helpers
- Report accidents and breakdown's to fleet and transportation
- Maintain all logs, sort by driver and date, check for missing logs
- Maintain mileage reports by entering mileage and decipher mileage sheets
- Train Drivers on use of Mobilecast and troubleshoot drivers log on and stop issues
- Analyze standard routes on an ongoing basis to determine more efficient routes and make any necessary changes
- Review driver feedback on routes to make any feasible changes to the order/sequence of current routes.
- Make routing decisions in the absence of routers
- Maintain proper Maintenance in RoadNet
- Contact drivers with any missed backhauls or issues related to backhauls
- Backup Router's position when needed in order to close routes, assigned special deliveries and reports for the day
Essential Job Requirements:
- Coach drivers and helpers, as needed, to improve performance and adherence to company policies.
- Counsel drivers and helpers when they do not adhere to all company policy (Attendance, Insubordination, etc.) in the form of verbal and written disciplinary write-ups
- Responsible for identifying and recommending changes in departmental policies and practices.
- Maintain continuous contact with customers or vendors requiring the provision of services, explanations, decisions, or the obtaining of routine approvals.
- Report driver accidents/incidents to the Delivery and Fleet Manager
- Report injuries to the Safety Manager and Delivery Manager
- Other duties as assigned
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be detail-oriented with good follow-up skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to multi-task and handle a busy workload in order to meet strong deadlines.
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of RoadNet preferred
- Platinum-level Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance Coverage - $0 in-network deductible, low premium contribution
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program with Work-Life Services
- Tuition Assistance Program
- 401k Savings Plan with company match
- Discounted Pet Insurance
- Computer and cell phone plan discounts
- Supplemental Plans available: Disability, Life Insurance, Legal & Identity Protection
Union Beer Distributors is a part of a family run beer distributing company that supplies the highest quality beers available across the northeastern United States. Owned and operated by the same family for the past century, our company places unparalleled value on the strong relationship we have with our customers. We maintain a fine lineup of world-class products, and even more importantly, a strong team of world class people.
***All candidates must show proof of COVID-19 vaccination.