Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. During COVID-19, Sazerac distilleries began producing hand sanitizer for some of the world's largest organizations in healthcare, government, military, retail, distribution, airline, pharma, and banking. Also, during this time, while many companies are wading through uncertainty, Sazerac is poised for acquisition and growth - recently acquiring 18 more brands, two companies and a distillery.
Since 1850, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! We attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Nestled at the corner of Canal Street and Magazine Street, and less than 350 yards from the original Sazerac Coffee House, The Sazerac House will be New Orleans' most memorable destination offering an enriching sensory experience that embodies the city's spirited and historic character.
The Sazerac House will take its visitors through a journey of the history and culture of spirits in New Orleans showcasing the company's brands relevant to the city of yesterday and today.
The Gift Shop Attendant
is responsible for the proper execution of retail transactions for visitors and internal customers. This person offers exceptional customer service and answers visitor's inquiries while ensuring that the gift shop is stocked and aesthetically pleasing at all times. This is a part-time role. Job Description/Responsibilities RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ensures exceptional customer service is provided to all Sazerac House visitors. Creates a welcoming atmosphere to all visitors. Is attentive and available to assist visitors. Follows up/ follows through on visitor's inquiries. Anticipates visitor's needs. Thank visitors and extends an offer to return.
- Ensures Gift Shop is kept organized, properly stocked and clean at all times. Ensures inventory items are re-stocked daily. Is knowledgeable about the merchandise and products available at the Gift Shop. Makes recommendations on merchandise based on visitor's feedback.
- Prepares and stocks Gift Bags. Is attentive to visitor's comments and questions. Ensures adherence to Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices.
- Continually strives for improvements in tour and Gift Shop operations. Makes suggestions to management to enhance tours and expand opportunities for sales.
- Works with other Gift Shop Associates and Tour Guides to generate revenue and raving fans of the Sazerac House.
- Maintains proper stock levels of all packaging products. Assists with the display of product commemorative distinction. Assembles cocktail kits and gift sets.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- 1 year relevant retail or POS system experience in Customer Service
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time
- Ability to project a professional image
- Capable of working on your feet, sitting, climbing stairs and ladders, bending, kneeling, and squatting
- At least 21 years of age
- Customer service oriented with the ability to work well under pressure
- Ability and willingness to work non-traditional hours (nights/weekends)
- 1 year Experience dealing with VIP guests
- 1 year Tourism experience