Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Company/Location Overview
Welcome to Barton 1792 Distillery, Barton Brands of Kentucky. Our proud heritage dates back to 1879 with the founding of the Tom Moore Distillery in Bardstown, Kentucky. Renamed Barton 1792 Distillery, we continue to produce the highest quality spirits for over 130 years.
In 2009, we became a part of Sazerac Company which was established in 1850 and is a leading U.S. spirits supplier, with the world's most decorated distillery, and a portfolio of award-winning brands. Sazerac is an independent, family owned company; we attribute our success to a unique blend of our history, culture, brands, relationships, innovation, technology, and most importantly, our people. Job Description/Responsibilities
The Distillery Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day to day distilling operation according to the standards set by federal, state and local agencies and company policy; coordinates necessary maintenance actions to maintain production; monitors production to ensure that the schedule is met; responsible for solving production related problems; and manages personnel working in the department.
Qualifications/Requirements REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Over sees operations of assigned distillery areas which include the distillery, dryhouse, and boiler operations and efficiently ensure completion of production schedules within safety, quality, budgetary and regulatory guidelines. Provides technical assistance to operators and support to operators. Coordinates necessary maintenance actions to maintain production quality and efficiency. Works with the Distillery Manager and plant maintenance team to implement operational, quality, safety, and mechanical improvements. Evaluates production efficiency, quality, and cost; plans, organizes, directs, monitors, and evaluates production; directs improvements and corrective action plans. Establishes work schedules
- Monitors and enforces all OSHA and Company safety regulations and policies. Provides leadership to the safety program for the Distilling department through development and execution of safe practices and operating procedures to minimize the occurrence and severity of workplace accidents. Assists in the investigation of EH&S incidents to determine and address root cause. Understand and comply with safety requirements of position; keep safety top of mind at all times and prevent co-workers from working unsafely. Report all safety concerns and all accidents and near misses immediately.
- Coaches and supervises distillery employees to improve skills and performance and engagement of all employees in the department. Motivates and manages employees to produce quality products within quality and efficiency guidelines. Evaluates employee performance and skill level to determine skill improvement needs and develops improvement plans to address. Creates and develops a personal development plan with Distillery Manager to improve skills/competencies that will develop personal skills and improve performance.
- Continuously improve the quality of processes, products, services and the culture in which we work. Ensure adherence to all Personal Safety, Food Safety, Quality and Environmental Policies and Practices. Analyzes and resolves problems relating to product quality in a timely manner to avoid need for rework.
- Provide support to the Experimental Team in developing new products within timelines and budgets. Provides input to evaluate new recipes, equipment capabilities and capital expenditure requirements. Works with the management team to implement new initiatives including new products and packages. Coordinate work with other departments to maintain product quality and production efficiency.
- Recommend ideas to reduce costs, improve quality and safety. Ensure production efficiency within cost standards. Tracks efficiencies, quality and production data to improve yields and throughput without sacrificing quality. Analyzes and resolves problems related to efficiency, processes, material, scrap and waste
- Actively works to foster and create an engaging workplace where all ideas are considered for safety, quality, and production. Provides leadership to assigned department teammates in a manner consistent with the culture of the company. Ensures employees are treated fairly and with respect. Creates a team environment where all employees are encouraged to make a difference in meeting and exceeding expectations. Participates in efforts to address issues identified through climate surveys and make the Company a Best Place to Work.Behave as described by our core values of Integrity and Trust, Ethics and Values, Building Team Spirit, Fairness, Caring, Results, Managing and Measuring, Action Oriented, Priority Setting and Total Quality Management.
- Ensures all Distilling operations meet regulatory requirements including OSHA, EPA and TTB regulations. Takes immediate corrective action when needed to stay in compliance. Perform job in a responsible manner and in compliance with Company procedures and applicable rules and regulations
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering or related field
- Minimum of 2 years of relevant work experience
- Ability to communicate with all levels of an org
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Strong analytical and technical skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Experience managing in a union environment
- Lean Manufacturing Skills preferred
- ISO certifications or worked in ISO environments preferred
- Food Safety Experience preferred