Sazerac Company Overview
Build your career at Sazerac! With almost 400 years of rich history, Sazerac Company has thrived as an independent, American family-owned company with operations in the United States and around the world. Since the 2000s, Sazerac has averaged double digit growth every year! Sazerac Company produces and markets the most award-winning bourbons and whiskeys in the world, including Buffalo Trace, Pappy Van Winkle, Eagle Rare, Blanton's, and Sazerac Rye. Additionally, Sazerac owns many popular brands across a range of spirits, including Fireball, Southern Comfort, Seagram's V.O., Myers's, Goldschläger, Parrot Bay, 99 Brand, and Platinum Vodka.
We're proud of our award-winning culture and distilleries. Our Louisville office has been named one of the "Best Places to Work in Kentucky" four times, and our Buffalo Trace Distillery has earned the title of "world's most award-winning distillery" through the dedication of our craftsmen for well over 200 years. Whether you're a recent graduate or an experienced professional, Sazerac provides extraordinary opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, entrepreneurial industry. Job Description/Responsibilities
Plans, leads and directs the development and activities of the Indirect Procurement organization in its role of effectively and sustainably procuring such goods and services as required to facilitate the achievement of Sazerac Strategic Business Plans and long term objectives.
- Continually seek ways to improve Procurement performance and drive a continuous process improvement mindset throughout the organization. Ensures the execution of all procurement strategies; including financial analyses, supplier relationship management, strategic sourcing, vendor management, forecasting purchase order issuance, develop and implement standardized procurement tools and leading-edge reporting.
- Actively targets, pursues, engages and successfully gains new profitable Indirect Procurement relationships. Creates and sustains a procurement long range vision, strategy, and organization that delivers a competitive advantage for Sazerac. Leads the development, implementation, and alignment of Global Sourcing strategies and supplier network capabilities for all capex, services and other materials not directly related to product output.
- Actively pursues saving opportunities. Regularly achieves cost-saving targets communicated to the business while maintaining and improving quality and service components of Indirect Materials. Collaborates with brand managers and other stakeholders to present opportunities for cost reductions. Accountable for cumulative cost reductions measured against department cost out goals.
- Lead Sazerac Capital spending program. Drives: Ruthless Decision Making across capital projects; Creates and Maintains Strong Capital Controls, and Aligns with Business on Clear Capex Accountability. This will be done by ensuring we leverage purchasing power with a diverse and capable network of vendors that drives reduction in costs and builds consistency and reliability in equipment across the network.
- Leads Procurement in partnering and collaborating with business customers to achieve key Sazerac strategic and tactical business objectives. Partners with other functions to develop and refine long-term strategies to ensure products and services meet changing business and marketplace conditions. Provides subject matter expertise as needed to ensure business decisions are fully informed and directions are met.
- Utilize PPT as a task/project management tool where and when appropriate. Use PPT to accelerate progress on projects, identify / keep in contact with team members and make sure all projects are up to date.
- Ensure the creation and communication of supplier metrics and/or scorecards, which are linked to Quality, Service and Cost and Innovation Agreements, to all appropriate parties. Ensures management direct reports own KPIs that measure the top Indirect Procurement. Keeps pressure on KPI performance and ensures corrective action is taken to achieve or exceed established targets.
- Provide mentorship, training and opportunity for the individuals in the department to grow within Sazerac based on their career development plan. Knows the career goals and plans for the team and works to develop and retain key successors in the organization.
- Conduct PDS reviews with direct reports to improve skills and performance utilizing PDS as tool to conduct optimal performance discussions, articulate consistent skill evaluations, recommend actions and tactics, and measure progress. Support the widespread use of PDS within the finance organization. Promote and support Company culture within the procurement organization.
- Bachelor's degree in an applied science or math based discipline
- Highly effective negotiation skills
- Ability to work effectively across business units and through supplier partners
- Record of successful leadership
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Comfortable with change in a fast moving environment,
- Expertise in process redesign
- Excellent oral & written communication skills
- Demonstrated active learner with the ability to make independent observations, and "connect the dots".
- 10 years related operational experience.
- 5 years Experience in the development and implementation of business strategies.
- 5 years Experience driving change in an organization
- 5 years senior management level experience related to Purchasing, Manufacturing, Logistics and operations within the FMCG industry
- 5 years Global supply chain experience