Plan, direct, or coordinate the storage or distribution operations within an organization that is engaged in storing or distributing materials or products. Responsibilities
• Prepare and manage departmental budgets.
• Supervise the activities of workers engaged in receiving, storing, testing, and shipping products or materials.
• Interview, select, and train warehouse and supervisory personnel.
• Plan, develop, or implement warehouse safety and security programs and activities.
• Prepare or direct preparation of correspondence, reports, and operations, maintenance, and safety manuals.
• Issue shipping instructions and provide routing information to ensure that delivery times and locations are coordinated.
• Confer with department heads to coordinate warehouse activities, such as production, sales, records control, or purchasing.
• Review invoices, work orders, consumption reports, or demand forecasts to estimate peak delivery periods and to issue work assignments.
• Inspect physical conditions of warehouses, vehicle fleets, or equipment and order testing, maintenance, repairs, or replacements.
• Schedule or monitor air or surface pickup, delivery, or distribution of products or materials. Qualifications
Bachelors degree from a four year college or university or equivalent preferred; three years previous distribution, transportation and/or warehouse management training experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. The employee will occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Spanish bilingual abilities preferred, but not required.
We are an Equal Opportunity employer.