About The Position
Recover 180 is looking for a Territory Sales Representative who plays to win!
Recover 180 is looking for a Territory Sales Representative who plays to win. Do you have a passion for sales? Do you love meeting new people, pounding the pavement and creating new business from scratch? Candidates should be ready to develop and implement strategies to optimize existing accounts and proactively pursue new business in the St. Louis market (with the possibility to take on a more regional role). Candidates should have CPG experience (specific Beverage experience is a plus!), working with DSD distributors, selling into and merchandising independent accounts, as well as managing and expanding regional chain business. Most importantly, candidates should bring a competitive spirit, winning attitude, and results oriented approach toward pursuing “better” every day.
RECOVER 180° was created for those who work hard, play hard, and live life to the fullest – and is revolutionizing the functional hydration category. Our premium isotonic formula hydrates in real time, containing three times the amount of electrolytes of leading sports drinks, with half the calories and even less sugar. Essential vitamins kick start the body’s natural healing process and boost immunity, while plant-based extracts support anti-inflammatory and antioxidant effects in the body.
Learn more about us at:
- Merchandise key chain accounts and work with DSD sales reps to optimize chain execution, looking for incremental placements and display opportunities
- Manage and work with our distributor partners and their sales teams to establish relationships and expand distribution in the market, to motivate, and to educate.
- Frequent ride-alongs are encouraged wherever possible.
- Directly manage multiple DSD partners throughout your territory
- Identify and secure placement in key on and off premise accounts
- Host product trainings, tastings with account personnel, consumer events, and build relationships with key account staff and management.
- Host and attend consumer events, festivals, tastings, and market promotions (as allowed based on circumstances)
- Maintain appropriate levels of POS materials and make sure they are effectively used and distributed.
- Manage and adhere to monthly promo budget allocation and use them in the most efficient manner.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to Sales Director and SVP and Sales
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Beverage background preferred, either through supplier/distributor sales or related professional experience (general sales, grocery, marketing, etc.)
- Motivated, self-starter who can work independently and is highly organized.
- Creative thinking is encouraged with brand resources and account level programming.
- Strong communication skills including writing and public speaking.
- Ability to work days and be available some nights and weekends for promo events.
- Travel frequently within the state and up to 20% outside the state to support other markets, when needed.
- Must have a working vehicle, insurance, and clean driving record. Vehicle or mileage allowance paid.
- Office, Excel, computer proficiency, and smartphone usage is required
Our Sales Team Members must contribute in the following areas:
- Experience: You should have fundamental knowledge of CPG sales (DSD experience preferred), including basic terminology, processes and procedures. You should also have experience working with retail managers across multiple channels, understanding margins and price promotions, knowledge of basic POS and merchandising.
- Hustle! Ability and willingness to work hard to meet the needs of buyers, distributor partners, etc. Flexible hours and willingness to travel for important R180 initiatives. Not afraid to cold call, drop in, move some cases for special orders and events, etc.
- Organization: Creating target lists, and efficiently prospecting and reporting.
- Proactive Communicator: communication of needs and issues with management, distributor, etc. Responsive to team and customers. Communication with R180 marketing team to monitor POS usage, and communicate needs for retail execution and events.
- Relationship Building Ability: develop relationship with key decision makers across all functions of the business; distributor contacts, account buyers, store managers etc
- Prioritizing: Ability to prioritize tasks based on defined short, medium, long term goals set by R180 management and refined on quarterly or as needed basis.