Distributor, Production and Manufacturing, and Supplier
2014-01-01View Full Profile
About The Position
Title: Sales Representative - RECOVER 180°
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
We are looking for an experience Sales Representative to help the business evolve in the St. Louis market (with the possibility to take on a more regional role). The right candidates will need to have experience with distributors, building a core account base in new markets and have relevant beer/beverage industry experience.
- Identify and secure placement in key on and off premise accounts
- Know key buyers, accounts, and market competition.
- Work with our distributor partners and their sales teams to establish relationships in the market, to motivate, and to educate. Frequent ride-alongs are mandatory.
- This is an in-field sales job and performance is results based.
- Host product trainings, tastings with account personnel, consumer events, and build relationships with key account staff and management. Enter information and track accounts with our CRM.
- Host and attend consumer events, festivals, tastings, and market promotions
- Maintain appropriate levels of POS materials and make sure they are effectively used and distributed. Suggest merchandising opportunities.
- Manage and adhere to monthly promo budget allocation and use them in the most efficient manner.
- Daily, weekly, and monthly reporting to sales manager, COO, and partners. Weekly sales calls
Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelors Degree
- Minimum of 3-5 years of experience
- Beverage background preferred, either through supplier/distributor sales or related professional experience (general sales, grocery, marketing, etc.)
- Motivated, self-starter who can work independently and is highly organized.
- Creative thinking is encouraged with brand resources and account level programming.
- Strong communication skills including writing and public speaking.
- Ability to work days and be available some nights and weekends for promo events.
- Travel frequently within the state and up to 20% outside the state to support other markets, when needed.
- Must have a working vehicle, insurance, and clean driving record. Vehicle or mileage allowance paid.
- Office, Excel, computer proficiency, and smartphone usage is required
- Reports To Chief Operating Officer