About The Position
Independent, hard-working, creative mastermind who loves craft spirits? Come and work for us!
One Eight Distilling LLC is seeking a full-time Marketing Manager to join our team. We are a spirits distillery located in NE DC. Become a part of a vibrant small business rapidly becoming a force in the craft distilling industry. The Marketing Manager will be responsible for directing national marketing and promotional activities.
Job Description: The Marketing Manager will work with our CEO on all aspects of the business but with a focus on marketing and promotional activities, including print and digital media, public relations, and social media. As part of a small start-up, the Marketing Manager must be willing to work flexible hours and wear many hats, including creating social media content, organizing promotional events, creating promotional materials, writing newsletters, and assisting sales staff with sales strategies and events. The position involves occasional evening and weekend hours.
- Developing original One Eight Distilling content, including marketing of products in print and digital spaces
- Creating and managing SEO/SEM, marketing databases, email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns
- Coordinating public relations outreach
- Creating and implementing a marketing budget and tracking and reporting expenses
- Independently coordinating marketing and community events, including overseeing logistics, managing registrations, coordinating with vendors, and ordering marketing collateral
- Managing social media and digital platforms
- Managing website content
- Using marketing analytics tools with a focus on building brand fans and marketing ROI
- Managing relationships with external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs
- Conducting market research and identifying industry trends
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, advertising, business administration, communications, or a related field
- At least 5 years of experience in marketing
- Strong preference for proven experience in the alcohol beverage industry
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, including proofreading copy
- First rate written and verbal communication skills
- Firm grasp on various marketing platforms, channels, and best practices
- Working knowledge of ad serving tools
- Self-starter and able to work independently, prioritize tasks, and meet deadlines
- Creativity and passion for craft spirits
This position offers the possibility of additional responsibilities in the future. Salary based on experience.
The applicant will be subject to a criminal background check and must have a clean driver’s license. We are accepting applications until the position is filled. If interested, please submit a cover letter, your résumé, 3 references, and salary requirements.