About The Position
The Field Marketing Specialist
(FMS) will become the chief, on-the-ground Moment Maker for the Maxine's Heavenly
brand. The ideal candidate will not only be highly detail-oriented and have field marketing experience, but also have a special flair for making every sampling opportunity special. In fact, we don’t want to do traditional sampling events at all - we want every interaction with our brand to be something that stops consumers and creates a memorable moment.
The (FMS) will work with the Chief Marketing Officer (CMO) and Marketing Manager to map out a strategy for in-person events that drive retail sales and awareness of the Maxine’s Heavenly brand through in-person events. The FMS will be a highly organized, creative person who is excited to do the hands-on work of managing all logistics and details for in-person events.
The right candidate will have experience in field marketing, preferably in the food and beverage industry. This person will have a strong working knowledge of the Los Angeles region and a flair for thinking outside the box to create extra special events.
The FMS will have the following primary responsibilities:
- Work with the CMO and Senior National Director of Sales to create a strategy and calendar of events in alignment with company goals.
- Plan and complete field marketing campaigns after conducting preliminary research
- Develop robust knowledge of all product lines/services
- Produce various literature, signage, merchandise, and other materials to be used at field marketing events
- Maintain relationships with third-party vendors and venues
- Negotiate with retailers and other third-party partners on promotional display and merchandise placement
- Promote business expansion opportunities to retailers and other merchants through successful field marketing programs
- Attend relevant trade shows and events
- Work with Marketing Manager to ensure proper social media activity surrounding field marketing campaigns
- Track expenses in an organized fashion
- Report weekly/monthly on the status of field marketing activities
- Document and share lead/customer intelligence with the team
- Hire and manage the staff necessary to run events
- 2+ years experience working in field marketing, may consider prior experience in events planning and/or management
- Experience pulling and organizing data to inform strategy
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Google Sheets, Docs, Slides, and Drive
- Experience owning projects from start to finish
- Ability to lift 50+ pounds
- Valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Ability to travel to and from each event
- Located in Los Angeles, CA
- Drive, excited to work with a high-growth brand
- Strong creative eye for party planning, with a flair for details
- Sharp mind and strong communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Great relationship building skills
- The desire to truly own work, speak up (we’re not looking for yes people!), and quickly make themselves an invaluable member of the team
- History of being proactive in improving systems, foreseeing problems, and creating solutions.
- Flexible, with an ability to see opportunity in challenge
- A positive attitude, and the ability to thrive in any environment - both working from home and working together with colleagues
Maxine’s Heavenly is a minority-run (LGBTQ+) organization and we are not only committed to diversity, but celebrate it. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by law. We respect all living beings.
The values that have contributed directly to our success are:
- Prideful Ownership & Accountability
- Integrity & Honor
- Belief in More
- Relentlessly High Standards
- Clear Communication
If this resonates with you, we welcome your application.