Hybrid Position (Remote work plus Astoria & Brooklyn office as needed) POSITION SUMMARY
Manages company WC, FMLA, Disability and other LOA categories. In conjunction with the Director of HR and Senior HR Manager, develops, administers, and ensures compliance with all Human Resource policies and procedures. ESSENTIAL POSITION RESULTS
Manage Leave of Absences to ensure compliance with state and federal leave of absence laws as well as Company policy by:
- Developing updated policies and procedures relating to LOA
- Determining leave types
- Works independently with company, associate and insurance carrier, nurse case manager, etc to effectively manage all claims
- Participating in claims review meetings
- Being first point of escalation for the resolution of leave of absence (i.e. WC, Disability, FMLA) issues
- Maintaining and preparing all applicable spreadsheets, documentation and company internal reports relating to Leaves of Absences
- Approving quarterly disability invoices for processing
Under the direction of Director of HR administers various HR plans and procedures for all company personnel
- Participates in staff meetings and attends other meetings such as seminars to increase knowledge and effectiveness
- Maintain customer confidence and protect operations by keeping information confidential
- Maintains organization's stability and reputation by complying with legal requirements
- Promotes healthy work environment by coordinating and cooperating with federal, state and local agencies
- Maintains a safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing additional duties as needed.
None QUALIFICATIONS: Education, Certifications and/or licenses:
Bachelor's degree preferred in related field and/or equivalent training and work experience required. EXPERIENCE :
Minimum of four years work related experience. KNOWLEDGE/SKILLS :
Strong problem solving and analytical skills are mandatory. Ability to communicate in a clear and concise manner both written and verbal and should display strong leadership skills. To perform the responsibilities successfully, the candidate must be team oriented and organized. Knowledge of current leave of absence laws, including WC, FMLA, Short Term Disability and Long-Term Disability is required. Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office is mandatory. CERTIFICATES AND/OR LICENSES
PHR Certification a plus but not necessary PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The candidate will be required to sit, walk and stand in the office - mostly by the workstation and within the office, but also in meetings and in other departments.
Occasional lifting of bottles, pos material and wine or liquor cases of up to 50 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions WORKING CONDITIONS AND ENVIRONMENT
This work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to a normal business office environment and is occasionally exposed to work near moving mechanical parts and high precarious locations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.