With a global portfolio of over 100 unique wine and spirits brands, we are the largest family-owned winery in the world. Apply Today! Our Brands. Your Future.
As a Project Manager, base business, you will maintain, execute, and continue to evolve the Wine Style Attainment Programs designed to result in new or improved product guidance. Additionally, you will manage the new product development for Base Brands business strategy, style target development and assessment for multiple areas and oversee the wine style programs to support domestic and international markets and includes the investigation of liquid product elements. What You Will Do
What You Need
- Owns and manages the wine style attainment program for every product within wine portfolio to include guiding development, running reports and ensuring dashboards are up to date and executed against the plan.
- Develops recommendations to change systems, policies and procedures as required; ensures timely and accurate implementation of changes.
- Recognized as an expert and influences senior management on high level projects and programs.
- Provides training to winemakers on scorecard for wine style attainment and adherence to ensure quality and consistency of the wine style program and assists with training winemakers as needed.
- Updates and maintains competitive database to ensure that the Central Innovation team has the most up to date information at all times.
- Drives efficiencies in scorecards and batch processing development to optimize project work.
- Integrates acquired or line extensions of base brands by writing styling guides for all new products and prioritizing accordingly based on the PPF model.
What Will Set You Apart
- PhD plus 4 years of food technology, sensory, product research and development, viticulture, enology, chemistry, statistics, or marketing research experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Master of Science degree plus 6 years of food technology, sensory, product research and development, viticulture, enology, chemistry, statistics, or marketing research experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility; OR Bachelor of Science degree plus 8 years of food technology, sensory, product research and development, viticulture, enology, chemistry, statistics, or marketing research experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility.
- 3 years of sensory and/or product research and development experience.
- Skilled in juggling multiple tasks while still delivering high quality results.
- Experience with influencing both peers and superiors and leading team members to a common solution based on data
- Strong organizational and project management skills with ability to manage and prioritize a high volume of projects.
- Skilled in the use of MS Excel, MS Word and MS PowerPoint at an intermediate level.
- Skilled in effectively presenting information to top management, public groups, and boards of directors.
- Required to lift and move boxes of product weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to see, smell, and taste wine as part of job duties.
- Required to be 21 years of age or older.
- Master of Science degree in Food Technology, Food Science/Nutrition Science, Sensory Science, Viticulture, Enology, Chemistry, Statistics or Applied Mathematics plus 8 years of sensory or product research and development experience reflecting increasing levels of responsibility
- Wine, spirit, beer or beverage sensory, product development or marketing research experience
Gallo does not sponsor for employment based visas for this position now or in the future
To view a full job description, please click here .
Job Posting ID: 72261
INS001 Equal Opportunity Employer Gallo will consider all qualified applicants for employment, including those with criminal histories, consistent with the requirements of applicable law.