Danone North America Inc within WBU SN is looking for National Access Manager, Payer in United States (US) for Open to US location near large transportation hub. With our global presence, brands and business within our mission "bringing health through food to as many people as possible" we believe that people growth is a key asset to reach a sustainable business performance. Take this opportunity to GROW together! Position Summary:
The National Access Manager, Payer is responsible the US Policy and Payer Landscape, as well as defining NNA US Reimbursement Landscape, to include but not limited to, National WIC strategy, Federal and State Level contract opportunities, guaranteeing alignment with US Category business strategies, and other key initiatives as assigned by the Director, Market Access & Channels. This role also manages the Reimbursement Manager and oversees relationships with key external stakeholders, including Reimbursement IQ, State, & Government officials. The National Access Manager, Payer works directly with the National Access Manager, Fulfillment to ensure that all regional fulfillment channels are aligned with category business strategies and works to eliminate all access barriers at a local/regional level. A key responsibility of this role will be to work cross-functionally to develop and own the national channel pricing strategy across all categories of the NNA business, to include Pediatrics/GI, Metabolics, Ketogenics & Specialized Adult Nutrition (SAN). Additional key responsibilities include contract negotiation & implementation, co-marketing relationships, education and other partnership arrangements. The National Access Manager, Payer works closely with the Sales Directors, Category Marketing Directors, Finance and key National Account Team members to implement channel pricing strategies and tactics working to make certain that there is full alignment to maximize top-line and bottom-line growth goals across all categories. The National Access Manager, Payer has a strong knowledge of public and private reimbursement, local WIC programs, State formularies & contracts, community product availability and patient flow in relation to and pharmacy, regional/local wholesale distribution. Key Responsibilities:
Monitor and manage Reimbursement Manager's quarterly MBOs and KPIs to ensure strong execution & performance.
- Provide on-going outcomes/ reports to each Category leads (Sales, Marketing, Medical) as to performance against key deliverables.
- Conduct timely and regular Performance Development Reviews for direct report.
- Develop Training Curriculum and provide on-going coaching and training to NSDs, RMs and Field Sales.
- Lead recruiting and selection efforts for new hires, in accordance with structural business needs
- Develop customer intelligence.
- Understand the private and federal payer landscape (core activities, competitive environment, business model, organization structure and decision-making unit).
- Deliver business proposals as it relates to National Payer strategy as well as local/regional access and pull-through tactics to key internal stakeholders to include Director, Market Access & Channels, National Sales Directors, Category Marketing Directors and Finance Director.
- Work with cross functional teams to develop NNA's channel pricing strategy and pro-actively identify (competitive) opportunities and threats in the marketplace.
- Create an Annual Business Plan for targeted channel: Payer Landscape, Federal, State, etc.
- Develop selected customers to build a collaborative partnership of mutual value.
- Involve internal stakeholders/contributors to create customer solutions.
- Drive a customer-centric mindset throughout the organization.
- Manage national account planning, RFP cycle and contract management, ensuring customer investments are transparent and targeted to drive profitable growth.
- Lead strategic negotiations.
- Implement trade terms and conditions in compliance with NNA commercial policy.
- Forge relationships in Federal WIC and targeted states. Seek to have strong representation of NNA products on WIC formularies, and leverage our offering to maximize WIC sales & market share.
- Secure our current State & WIC business, negotiate contracts and maximize product line utilization.
- On a state level, understand the process for procuring NNA products through WIC.
- Work closely with the National Access Manager, Fulfillment & Regional Access Managers to assist the Territory Managers to pull through WIC formulary position by ensuring that they effectively communicate WIC messaging to maximize WIC sales.
- Provide analytics related to national and state WIC sales and market share. Work with marketing and sales to develop strategies based on competitive positions.
- Oversee the implementation of Federal and State WIC contracts, collaborate with Legal, Finance, Operations, NSDs and other functions to insure alignment on the contract and pull through at the territory level.
- Private & Public Payer Landscape Management
- Analyze Federal and State Payer opportunity in the context of the broader access and field sales strategies and develop strategic positioning for this customer segment.
- Develop and grow relationships with executive contacts at targeted national payer and governmental programs.
- Manage state and federal bid cycles and develop contract offerings to best position NNA products in this channel.
- Collaborate with Legal, Finance and other functions on contracts.
- Work closely with NSDs and Region Managers to develop local plans to implement partnering and pull through tactics at targeted accounts.
- Develop tools to leverage national and state accounts and develop partnerships.
- Measure and report contract performance and refine strategies to address market response.
- Monthly analysis of customer forecasts, demand and sales tracings.
- Manage product launches, price changes, and backorders, sales pull-through, advertising and special promotions at the key account level for customer segments.
- Develop and implement an annual business plan focusing on the national Payer channel.
- Provide analytic insight to national data, market trends, issues, and opportunities.
- Coordinate communication between customers and Sales, Marketing and Finance.
- Oversee the implementation of payer contracts with Finance, Legal, IT and Customer Service.
- Commitment to field work will be up to 60% or based on local/regional business needs.
- Attendance at Management and HQ meetings, as needed and as directed by Director, Market Access & Channels.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Thorough knowledge the targeted customer segments (Policy, Payer & Reimbursement Landscape) and market and business conditions related to national accounts.
- Strong negotiation, sales, large account management, and business planning and communication skills.
- Effective time management skills.
- Strong communication skills, both oral and in writing.
- Excellent listening skills.
- Advanced selling skills, including strategic selling, key account management, etc.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to interpret market research, sales, volume and consumption data and make sound judgment and recommendations.
- Ability to think strategically to identify the business impact of national account scenarios and opportunities.
- Ability to develop strategic business plans.
- Ability to convey concepts and strategies, orally and in writing.
- Ability to effectively conduct meetings and make persuasive presentations.
- Ability to effectively work with customers (internal and external) to implement programs and partnering opportunities that add value to both parties.
- The National Access Manager, Payer currently has one direct report: Reimbursement Manager.
The job will be performed remotely from a home-based office and will involve regular domestic travel (up to 60% overnight depending on customer requirements).The position has regular computer and telephone responsibilities as well as travel to interface with customers. There is no excessive lifting or physical requirement for the position.
- Bachelor's Degree required, MBA preferred.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in a similar role.
- Minimum of 2 years prior people management or leadership experience. `
- Experience in Payer contracting and account management with national and state payers.
- Experience developing and implementing impactful customer strategies and strong analytical skills to interpret data and market conditions.
- Experience in Payer Contracting and developing field sales pull through initiatives.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint software applications.
- Strategic thinker and business/financial acumen.
- Selling on value, emphasizing collaborative relationships; not on price.
- Collaborates well with others, possessing a "can-do" attitude and quickly establishes credibility with both internal and external constituents.
- Sets priorities, manages multiple assignments and efficiently perform responsibilities.
- Seeks input, accepts feedback and adapts to change readily.
- Strong team player who is adept at managing multiple priorities and working with various internal and external customers.
For more information about Danone, its people and its business, please visit danone.com. We have something special inside, do you?
154948.Experience: Experienced professionals
Nutricia Advanced Medical Nutrition is focused on pioneering and delivering specialized nutritional solutions and Best Care for medical professionals and their patients, helping people live healthier and longer lives. Nutricia North America was established in 1983 and is headquartered in Rockville, MD. We seek to provide solutions and services wherever nutritional intervention can be shown to improve clinical outcomes. In partnership with doctors, healthcare professionals and caregivers, we work to make a real difference in people's lives by speeding recovery and encouraging independence. Our ambition is to deliver only proven benefits through nutrition, as an integral part of disease management. Consisting of a wide variety of FDA and Health Canada regulated nutrition products, we are especially active in the management of inherited metabolic diseases, severe pediatric allergic and gastrointestinal disorders, pediatric epilepsy, and long term and critical care for seniors.
Nutricia North America is an equal employment and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic characteristic or any other unlawful criterion.