About The Position
The Logistics Coordinator plays a critical and dynamic role that provides a high level of customer service support to our sales team and external logistics partners and will assist in growing and maintaining customer accounts.
Job Title: Logistics Coordinator
Reports To: Sr. VP Sales
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Summary: The Logistics Coordinator plays a critical and dynamic role that provides a high level of customer service support to our sales team and external logistics partners and will assist in growing and maintaining customer accounts by ensuring data integrity, accurate and timely communication, setting appointments and monitoring customer shipments by performing the following duties. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage the functions all third-party DC’s, and have dotted-line responsibility over the Bakersfield (Brundage) DC.
- Provide leadership and expertise to the company in the area of Logistics and Warehousing by establishing best practices and creating SOPs for the company to follow.
- Track and manage loads via TMS and SAP, ensuring all relevant data is correct. This includes coordinating proper percentage of load allocation to carriers, as awarded in RFP
- Establish a system for reviewing and approving invoices from trucking companies to ensure they are correct and the company is not overpaying based on agreed-upon rates.
- Bid logistics companies frequently to keep costs low and negotiate lower costs against volume
- Responsible for carrier relations, such as onboarding, requirements and notifications
- Ensure all quality control standards for transit are upheld
- Develop and maintain a system for consistent cycle-counting (each SKU to be counted at least once monthly) and ensure an accurate inventory balance across all company DCs.
- Coordinate activity with the Customer Service team to manage and ensure total order fulfillment.
- Strategic analysis of new carriers, shipping locations and co-pack locations
- Set and monitor pickup and delivery appointments
- Assist with tracking and tracing of shipments as required
- Develop knowledge of each assigned account, including review of supplier guides submitted by accounts, to provide support as needed
- Coordinate Export shipments with brokers, including providing all documentation required by brokers to navigate Customs requirements
- Facilitate the shipping of products, materials and equipment, from one destination to another
- Manage activities throughout the order fulfillment and transportation cycle, including arranging transportation, and orchestrate deliveries to meet customer demand, to make sure established deadlines are met
- Make sure warehouse capacity is kept at optimal levels
- Oversee inventory of goods where it is related to order fulfillment and insuring proper positioning of inventory at all CGW locations, including 3PL and co-pack locations; includes coordination of transferring goods to meet orders
- Update Sales and carrier dispatch of loads, as required
- Coordinate and/or support investigation and solution process in response to OS&D occurrences, with appropriate team members
- Continually review freight costs, and transportation rates to keep costs down, where possible
- Streamline shipping and transportation processes
· Food Safety- Responsible for knowing, maintaining and upholding the company food safety systems.
· Develops and maintains positive and professional relationships with all employees and management.
- Identify and elevate any issues
- Other Duties as given by company leadership.
Responsible for all third-party DCs.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Leadership – Must provide expertise and direction to the company in the areas of logistics and warehousing. Should be an authority in those areas to direct such tasks as distribution strategies, best warehousing practices, optimal internal logistics, etc.
Analytical - Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
Design - Demonstrates attention to detail.
Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in-group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
Customer Service - Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Support everyone's efforts to succeed.
Diversity - Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy; Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences; promote a harassment-free environment.
Ethics - Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Complete administrative tasks correctly and on time; Support organization's goals and values; Support affirmative action and respect diversity.
Motivation - Sets and achieves challenging goals; Demonstrates persistence and overcomes obstacles; Measures self against standard of excellence.
Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently.
Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
Quantity - Meets productivity standards; Completes work in timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
Safety and Security - Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events.
Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals. Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
Initiative - Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Seeks increased responsibilities; Looks for and takes advantage of opportunities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
Innovation - Meets challenges with resourcefulness; Generates suggestions for improving work; Presents ideas and information in a manner that gets others' attention.
Qualifications To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
High School Diploma required. One year certificate from a college or technical school; or 3+ years related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals in English.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have strong knowledge of SAP; Database software; Internet software; Inventory software; Manufacturing software; Order processing systems and Spreadsheet software. Microsoft Office is a must.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to extreme cold; extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.