Recently named one of Entrepreneur magazine's Top 100 Cannabis Leaders, Cresco Labs is one of the largest vertically-integrated multi-state cannabis operators in the United States. Cresco is built to become the most important company in the cannabis industry by combining the most strategic geographic footprint with one of the leading distribution platforms in North America. Employing a consumer-packaged goods ("CPG") approach to cannabis, Cresco's house of brands is designed to meet the needs of all consumer segments and includes some of the most recognized and trusted national brands including Cresco, Remedi and Mindy's, a line of edibles created by James Beard Award-winning chef Mindy Segal. Sunnyside*, Cresco's national dispensary brand is a wellness-focused retailer designed to build trust, education and convenience for both existing and new cannabis consumers. Recognizing that the cannabis industry is poised to become one of the leading job creators in the country, Cresco has launched the industry's first national comprehensive Social Equity and Educational Development (SEED) initiative designed to ensure that all members of society have the skills, knowledge and opportunity to work in and own businesses in the cannabis industry. MISSION STATEMENT
At Cresco, we aim to lead the nation's cannabis industry with a focus on regulatory compliance, product consistency, and customer satisfaction. Our operations bring legitimacy to the cannabis industry by acting with the highest level of integrity, strictly adhering to regulations, and promoting the clinical efficacy of cannabis. As Cresco grows, we will operate with the same level of professionalism and precision in each new market we move in to. JOB SUMMARY
Cresco Labs is seeking a Senior Director, Engineering - Midwest to support Cultivation, Manufacturing and Retail operations throughout our Midwest Region. As the Senior Director Engineering, you will manage and support various operations and engineering projects both onsite and remotely. You will report to the Vice President of Engineering and be accountable for completion of assigned projects and lead a team of Facility Project Engineers in continual maintenance and facility expansion projects. CORE JOB DUTIES Engineering
- Responsibility for all assigned engineering projects at various facilities throughout the Midwest, including Illinois, Ohio, and Michigan, and other states as added to the portfolio.
- Support various project assignments and punch lists including travel for Facility Construction and Contractor Management, Equipment Acceptance, Installations and Commissioning as needed
- Represent Cresco Labs as the technical engineering resource for all facility design elements and approval of construction drawings including Architectural, Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing and Equipment components.
- Assist the Vice President of Engineering in review of contracts and proposals
- Manage State specific design packages, materials and equipment purchases
- Sourcing (including ROI packages)
- Maintaining vendor relations
- Prepare, review and approve specifications and scope of work
- Prepare and distribute submittals
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Lead operations engineering standardization initiatives within Cresco Cultivation, Processing, Manufacturing, Distribution and Retail operations in our Midwest markets
- Support Facility Project Engineers with equipment manufacturer communications and vendor management
- Collaborate with Facility maintenance and engineering team members to prepare and submit Change Orders
- Assist and support Midwest Operations and Engineering functional heads by attending project meetings
- BS in mechanical, industrial or electrical engineering or 7-10 years relevant technical experience
- Experience developing, reviewing, redlining and approving electrical, mechanical and pneumatic schematics
- Advanced MS Office skills
- CAD Modeling (e.g. Autocad / Solidworks) preferred
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical guidelines (GMP, GDP, ASTM)
- Experience managing a maintenance and engineering department preferred
- 3-5 years automation engineering experience within manufacturing industry preferred
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus.
- Must be 21 years of age or older to apply
- Must comply with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
Cresco Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all applicants will be considered without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.