About The Position
Coordinate the Account Development team’s efforts in implementing WSET’s commercial strategy to provide best-in-class customer service and to develop the business and capabilities of WSET’s Approved Program Providers in the Americas.
Account Development Coordinator - Americas
Remote, any U.S., or office-based in Hartford, CT
Account Development Manager
The Account Development Coordinator – Americas coordinates the Account Development team’s efforts in implementing WSET’s commercial strategy to provide best-in-class customer service and to grow and develop the business and capabilities of WSET’s Approved Program Providers in the Americas.
Key Result Areas:
- Americas Account Development
- Responds to incoming enquiries from existing Approved Program Providers (APPs) and provides development support as required.
- Works with WSET’s operational teams and CRM to troubleshoot and resolve APP technical issues while providing best-in-class customer service.
- Supports the Account Development team in scheduling meetings, booking travel, taking minutes, and other administrative tasks.
- Assists in the identification and research of new opportunities and development paths in existing markets and with existing APPs.
- Assists in the planning and preparation of WSET Educator Training Programs (ETPs) in key markets.
- Assists the planning and preparation of WSET activations in trade shows and PR events in key account markets, and to support other team members as required.
- Assists in gathering and compiling research for key markets to support creation of strategic development plans.
- Provides cover for members of Account Development team as needed during leave and business travel.
- Most occasionally work flexibly outside of regular business hours as required by global business.
- Must occasionally represent the WSET as required at trade shows and events evenings and weekends as needed.
- Must contribute to the effective running of the department in terms of finance, resource allocation, and business strategy.
- Must occasionally represent the Americas Development department and participate in inter-departmental projects reflecting your areas of responsibility.
- Must contribute to the successful overall operation of WSET by occasionally undertaking such other tasks as may be requested.
- Must operate within agreed budgets.
- Must possess a valid passport for International travel.
Skills and Competencies:
- Proficiency with Microsoft 365 platform
- Fluency in English and at least one of the following: Spanish, Portuguese
- Demonstrated success in admin or customer service
- Demonstrated success working in diverse teams, preferably internationally
- Familiarity with WSET Certification as evidenced by completion of or current enrollment in Level 2 or higher.
- Reliable and flexible, especially where domestic and international travel will be required
- High level of personal integrity and authority to maintain WSET criteria and standards with customers and across business units
- Organized and paying meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, especially in remote working situations and with International APPs and candidates
- Self-starter able to thrive in a business unit undergoing rapid growth and evolution
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, and taste or smell. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, peripheral vision, and ability to adjust and focus.
Salary and Benefits:
- Competitive salary, commensurate with experience
- 100% employer-paid health insurance, employee-paid dental and vision plans available
- 401K with annual employer non-elective contribution plan
- 25 paid days off per year
- 12-week fully paid parental leave plan
- Flexible work plan for office-based employees
- Generous employee education reimbursement plan, including for WSET qualifications
DISCLAIMER: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, skills, efforts, requirements or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed as assigned, at any time.
Wine and Spirit Education Trust Americas, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.