About The Position
The main responsibility for this position will be to build brand engagement with the trade in both off and on premise channels across NY in both MNY & UNY.
The main responsibilities for this role will be to build brand engagement with the trade in both off and on premise channels across NY in both MNY & UNY. This will be accomplished by maintaining constant contact with distributor sales teams while activating key accounts within the regional on/off premise universe, driving consumer engagement, trade and distributor education, and being responsible for the results in NY. This role will also assist in executing any marketing initiatives & programs within this key footprint state. A WhistlePig Steward is expected to roll up their sleeves, think strategically and creatively to achieve specific sales and brand goals week to week, month to month, and year to year.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reports to Chief of Sales – East Region
· Call on key on and off premise accounts in market based on specific target lists established by CSO & Chief executing against company quarterly KPIs.
· Travel within state is anticipated at 75% in MNY & UNY major markets.
· Conduct brand trainings and be able to present the brand’s features and benefits
· Train Key Accounts and distributor teams on brand story and attributes
· Activate consumer and trade events (where legal) to generate brand awareness, engagement and trial
· Have open and regular communication with distributor sales teams in order to achieve goals
· Share industry and competitive activity to keep brand at the forefront of developments
· Monitor and provide detailed recaps of all programs
· Be fiscally responsible and accountable for given budgets on a monthly basis
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
· Must possess an entrepreneurial spirit; exhibiting passion, ambition, hard work and leadership to drive commercial success
· Strong interpersonal skills. Ability to motivate and inspire others
· Must be results oriented and able to work both independently and in a team environment
· Self-disciplined and flexible self-starter, with confidence and drive to work independently and meet all project deadlines, including frequently working outside normal business hours
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills required including the experience and ability to present in front of both large and small groups
· Minimum 5 years of industry experience. College graduate preferred.
· Knowledge of spirits and craft production
· Experience selling to and programming for regional and national chains
· Experience planning sales activities Monthly/Quarterly/Yearly
Location & Travel:
· Must live in NY preferably in UNY
· Must have own transportation
· Minimum 75% travel
· Base salary
· Quarterly incentive bonus (based on hitting vol/distribution/KPI goals)
· 401k & Health Care Benefits
· Vacation, Sick and Company Holidays
· Phone & Internet allowance
· Laptop provided
· T&E based on travel in territory (defined by Chief)