Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole food- based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness, and wellbeing. Our team, where job titles and hierarchy are meaningless, is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. Vital Proteins seeks to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. What you do:
The primary purpose of this job is to support the Maintenance team; working with information related to store materials of all types in the CMMS system is fundamental to the position. Always demonstrate safe, quality, and environment behaviors in the workplace. What you will be responsible for:
Who you are:
- Support all Storeroom activities for Franklin Park (FP1) Maintenance Operations
- Ensure information for store materials including, stocked items and daily MRP are entered into the CMMS system
- Communicates with vendors, both verbally and in writing, on matters relating to storeroom materials, non-stock items and supplies that will be manually tracked
- Working with the maintenance team, provide support with issuing materials to work orders
- Monitor store materials in the CMMS system, making necessary stock adjustments as needed
- Provide feedback to the maintenance staff, Identifying trends, potential issues, and improvement opportunities.
- Ensure storeroom is maintained and functional, complies with all safety aspects related to types and integrity of materials
- Employee shall follow the plant safety rules, report incidents and unsafe conditions immediately.
- 5 years' experience in a manufacturing environment, food industry preferred
- Experience with CMMS system, bar coding and scanners. SAP being a strong plus
- Has worked as a mechanic or Storeroom Attendant
- Computer expertise and competence
- Communication and organizational skills
- Mechanical and electrical knowledge
- Must have continuous improvement mindset
- Understanding on how to maintain stock levels in a storeroom
- Able to work overtime as needed, weekends
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.