Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower our company, team, and customers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. Role:
The Senior Supply Planner is responsible for ensuring that the supply, distribution, production, capacity and inventory plans are executed in conjunction with demand plans and manufacturing processes to meet business needs. The role will ensure that product is available at the right time and right location ready to ship to satisfy customer demand. The role involves executing an inventory strategy to deliver customer service goals and ensuring that capacity plans are developed to support the demand plan. The role is one of the key links between the manufacturing facilities, demand planning and the business teams including Marketing, Sales, Finance, Logistics and Customer Service. What you will be responsible for:
Who you are:
- Executing an effective, timely Supply Planning process that includes supply model design, distribution and production planning, capacity planning, inventory planning to cover a 2 year horizon. Accountable for performance to plan, plan stability, customer service and inventory levels.
- Executing effective, timely phase-in and phase-out plans for new products, product changes, to support innovation and product change management processes by interacting with Demand Planning, Marketing and Sales.
- Supporting the strategic direction for inventory management in line with business growth strategies.
- Monitoring, tracking, and reporting on the delivery of the supply and inventory plans following release for execution on a weekly basis.
- Working jointly with supply chain teams and internal/external manufacturing sites to identify options when supply is strained or constrained.
- Coordinate the internal and external manufacturing capacity & communicate risk & opportunities within the S&OP process.
- Developing and maintaining very strong relationships with commercial team and commercial team leadership through excellent listening and communication skills to ensure an effective sales forecasting process.
- Driving a culture of exception management by proactively identifying major issues and opportunities around demand and supply.
- You have a bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Operations Research, Math/Statistics, Supply Chain, or Operations Management (REQUIRED)
- You have minimum 8 years of experience supply, demand, production and/or capacity planning in CPG industry (REQUIRED)
- You have CPIM or CSCP certifications from APICS (REQUIRED)
- You have demonstrated experience with supply planning tools such as SAP, DemandWorks, Logility, SAP APO, Oracle APO, JDA. (REQUIRED)
- You have experience with supply planning, S&OP or Supply Review Meetings. (REQUIRED)
- You have exceptional computer skills; ERP, Business Intelligence systems or equivalent, Excel, PowerBI. (REQUIRED)
- You have excellent communication skills to effectively communicate across multiple departments and through multiple levels of the organization.
- You have demonstrated influencing, negotiating and conflict management skills.
- You have excellent collaborative management skills.
- You have strong working knowledge of effective supply chain performance including supply planning, deployment planning, customer service, supplier and asset management.
- You have strong passion for creating process and systems improvement.
At Vital Proteins, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military or veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.