Vital Proteins is an emerging, dynamic brand consisting of a team of passionate individuals who believe whole-food-based nutrition is essential for overall health, fitness and wellbeing. Our team is comprised of intelligent and innovative talent who work collaboratively to ensure creativity, success, and global growth. At Vital Proteins, our mission is to empower both our company, team, and shoppers to live a full, vibrant life. We seek to develop and support the right people, with the right chemistry, who continually ask questions, and in turn will develop and tactically execute good ideas. We are looking for individuals to help us think smarter and put a lot of ideas on the table in a short amount of time. Building a great company is our goal. Quality individuals and getting the team right is our business plan. This position will be based out of our production facility in Franklin Park, IL. Role:
The primary responsibility in this role is to manufacture products by supervising staff; organizing and monitoring work flow. A background in a food/dietary supplement industry a plus. Ability to work in a strong team-based environment is essential. The production supervisor operates out of the Vital Proteins warehouse in Franklin Park, IL and reports to the Production Manager. This position fills in as a back-up in the absence of the Production Manager. What you will be responsible for:
Who you are:
- Oversees and manage completion of batch production records
- Supervise production line employees, ensuring assigned tasks and positions are being executed
- Alerts management of issues with equipment or materials
- Maintains safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources; maintaining compliance with established policies and procedures.
- Resolves personnel problems by analyzing data; investigating issues; identifying solutions; recommending action.
- Contributes to SOP development and ensures team members are trained in and following SOP's.
- Ensuring the manufacturing and packaging operations and production employees comply with food safety, quality, and cGMP requirements under HACCP, NSF and SQF programs
- Trained in and ensures the team is following GMP processes and procedures.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Other duties as assigned
Vital Proteins is proud to be an equal employment opportunity employer
- Must have 1-3 years previous production supervisory experience
- High school diploma, Associates degree preferred
- Ability to maintain quality and safety control standards
- Basic understanding of warehousing and concepts
- Must be organized, able to multi-task, and follow direction set by the manager
- Must have good communication skills and comfortable working will all team members
- Must be able to lift 15-20 lb. boxes repeatedly
- Must be able to stand for extended amounts of time
- Must have food manufacturing experience
- Must be flexible to work weekends
- Must be able to read, write and understand English; bi-lingual Spanish preferred