Virginia Distillery Company
Production and ManufacturingView Full Profile
About The Position
To be the dominant spirits broker in terms of both market share and sales execution in New York City for Virginia Distillery Company. Develop and maintain relationships with Distributor Representatives and On and Off Premise Accounts in designated territory to ensure VDC’s long term sales goals and objectives are achieved. Territory for this position is New York City.
- Make off and on-premise account calls in a professional, consistent and timely basis to develop and maintain relationships within assigned accounts, resulting in sales growth
- Responsible for development of efficient daily route with monthly planning and quarterly adjustments, to maintain sales placements and seek out new opportunities
- Track and maintain KPI’s and On and Off premise sales programs
- Monitor inventory and proper use of POS material
- Grow existing VDC brands usage; new POS, depletions in assigned accounts and back-bar distribution of company and VDC priorities
- Conduct staff training seminars and tastings, store tastings, support Brand and Sales events in market.
- Pre-sell upcoming discounts and additional inventory
- Survey and maintain account database for brand usage, promotional opportunities, etc. KARMA and Power BI tools to help track leads and contacts
- Maintain weekly reporting Market Managers which requires, itinerary, new item presentations, pertinent customer and competitive information
- Maintain T and E and tastings budget
- Maintain vehicle in a professional, efficient manner to assist in overall job performance
Daily, Weekly and Monthly Activities
- 90 % of time spent in market making sales calls with assigned accounts, distributor reps, Brand and Sales Events, tasting events, staff training and Market Managers
- 5 % Administration-telephone, email, mail communication
- 5% Divisional meetings- office and suppliers. Miscellaneous duties and tasks
The Field Market Representative – NYC reports to the Northeast Market Manager. This is a Full-Time position which includes benefits, paid time off and participation in our Employee Equity Program.
Qualifications and Desired Experience
- Bachelor's Degree, WSET or similar training a plus
- Two or more years’ sales experience in wine/spirits within NYC area
- Strong time-management skills a must
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills required
- Must have valid driver’s license
- Position requires frequent travel and occasional overnights
- Candidates local to NYC preferred
Similar jobs to check out:
Field Market Representative – Boston
Virginia Distillery Company • Boston, MA
To be the dominant spirits broker in terms of both market share and sales execution in Boston, MA for Virginia Distillery Co. Develop and maintain relationships with Distributor Representatives and On and Off Premise Accounts.
Field Sales Representative
Monster Energy Company • Boston, Massachusetts
*This role will cover the North Shore and Northern Boston Area*The Field Sales Representative will manage and build distributor relationships, educate and motivate distributor reps to gain new distribution within an assigned territory.
XED Beverages • NJ
Looking for an entrepreneurial and hardworking salesperson to aggressively push our product across the state, and maintain our accounts on the Jersey Shore.
- Reports To Northeast Market Manager