About The Position
Virginia Distillery Company, an American Single Malt whisky distillery, is seeking a Digital Marketing Manager to lead the strategy and execution of the distillery’s digital programs to support the team's exciting national growth.
Priority for this position will be building visibility through digital channels in all markets, to build awareness and push consumers to purchase through third-party retailers.
Additional responsibilities will be to support growing eCommerce strategies, both for direct-to-consumer platform as well as third-party platforms. Trade strategies will also be a focus as the distillery team looks to grow partnerships in all markets through distributor, retailer, and end consumer platforms.
The Digital Marketing Manager will lead reporting and review cycles, to evaluate success and performance using data-driven decision making. The person in this position will manage one direct report, the Digital Marketing Associate, who executes social media strategy under direction from the Digital Marketing Manager.
- Plan and build comprehensive digital campaigns attached to SMART objectives and KPIs. In conjunction with Brand Director, develop and manage digital annual plans and budgets.
- Identify consumer targets based on category and historical data. Create key messaging for family of products for use across all digital channels.
- Develop tactical content marketing and lead generation planning and execution.
- Execute email marketing strategies by consumer segment.
- Own all paid search and landing page strategies, including execution, optimization and budget management.
- Responsible for SEO and website updates and management.
- Lead organic and paid social media strategies across key platforms, and guide influencer and video content strategies.
- Manage Digital Marketing Associate for successful execution of social media strategies.
- Develop digital content for use across all channels and platforms, including asset creation for use by retailer and distributor partners.
- Lead retail innovation through digital strategies in all markets; partner with internal and external teams to execute digital activations at retail in support of Sales team.
- Develop and maintain alcohol compliance standards for digital and social media strategies based on regulatory requirements and industry best practices.
- Google Analytics, Google Ads, Facebook, Instagram, Hubspot, Mailchimp, Shopify, CMS and other digital platform experience. MS 365 Office experience. Google Optimize experience is preferred.
Qualifications and Desired Experience:
A bachelor’s degree in business or marketing is required as well as 5 – 10 years of digital marketing experience, either at an agency or brand. Experience in paid and organic digital strategies as well as social media is required. Graphic design, photography and video skills are desired. Experience in the wine and spirits industry is preferred but not required. An MBA is desired but not required. This position is available for fully remote with travel to the distillery site in Central Virginia as needed.